The Yard Dog Driver/Route Drive safely and accurately delivers product to customers using refrigerated trucks, tractor and trailers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure accurate delivery of product to customer sites.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge and ability to execute the product delivery process.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of refrigerated truck operation.
- Maintain a complete working knowledge of shipping and credit documentation.
- Handle all equipment and product efficiently and safely.
- Proactively communicate in-field issues to distribution supervision.
- Responsible for trailer movements in the yard while working with all departments in the plant.
- Track trailer and truck maintenance.
- Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Understand and adhere to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.