Imagine what you can do at Land O#39;Lakes. Our growth relies on extraordinary talent and boundless thinkers who are always looking for a better way and believe anything is possible. Like you, innovation and technology drive us.
At Land O#39;Lakes, you will also be part of a community with creative doers and dreamers, who want to make a difference. We work together combining our global perspective and direct access to the source to create practical, new solutions to meet agriculture#39;s toughest challenges.
Join the team at any Land O#39;Lakes location or with one of our retail-owners and you#39;ll sense the optimism, honesty and innovation that goes into everything we do. Together, we strive to feed human progress.
Job Posting Title:
WinField United - Seasonal Driver
This role is part of our WinField United business that provides crop inputs and insights to farmers through our network independent ag retailers. Through our leadership expertise, high quality products, rich data and innovative ag technology, we strive to help the retailers and farmers they serve intelligently advance agriculture and help farmers win in every field around the world.
As a Seasonal Driver, you will be a valued team member who operates small- to large-sized trucks with trailers for transportation of agricultural materials. You will operate within an assigned industrial area. Valid truck operator#39;s permit required.
JOB TITLE: Seasonal Driver
- • High school diploma or GED
- • Current driver#39;s license
- • Class A or B Commercial Driver#39;s License (CDL) (or ability to attain)
- • HAZ-MAT licensure (or ability to attain) - additional endorsements may also be required
- • 18 years or older (21 years or older required for Driving positions involving HAZ-MAT Licensure)
- • Self-reliant and able to accurately work under limited supervision
- • Ensures a safe working environment while performing assigned tasks
- • Customer focused and able to work in a collaborative team
- • Ability to be flexible in work performed and schedule
- • Ability to read, write, comprehend, follow verbal and written instructions, and possess basic mathematical skills
- • Ability to communicate and work effectively with team members
- • Applicants must also be able to demonstrate the following competencies: acts with integrity in products, processes, and relationships; delivers results efficiently & effectively; embraces roll as individual contributor to warehouse team
- • Six months of commercial driving experience
- • Experience working in a warehouse environment (e.g., product storage, product staging, forklifts, etc.)
- • Driving a forklift (e.g., performing basic operations such as driving forwards, driving backwards, lifting and lowering boom, maneuvering in tight areas without damaging product, etc.)
- • Working with racking systems and loading/unloading pallets (e.g., pulling and placing pallets on/off vertical product racking systems and trucks, maximizing storage by stacking products vertically, etc.)
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
Working in a manufacturing or warehouse environment, you will be walking, standing and engaging in movement throughout the day, and occasionally to frequently be required to lift items weighing up to 60 lbs. Due to a large variety of job duties (both routine and non-routine), certain duties also may involve, a variety of physical activities including bending, lifting, stooping, turning, twisting, pushing, pulling, raising arms above shoulders and head, standing, working in enclosed areas, climbing stairs or ladders, and operating heavy machinery. The noise level in the work environment can vary but noise is usually low to moderate.
At times, you may be required to wear personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, safety gloves, hearing protection, a respirator or dust mask, protective footwear and protective clothing or uniforms. Work may be performed in cold and/or hot temperatures and the environment can be dusty. Physical requirements further include the ability to engage in productive and collaborative communication with co-workers and work may need to be performed during non-standard hours, including nights and weekends. At times, the ability to work overtime also may be required. The ability to perform these requirements is necessary to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The company engages in an interactive process to review requests for reasonable accommodations that may be needed to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform all the essential functions of the position. Requests for reasonable accommodation should be directed to the Hiring Manager.
WAGE RANGE SALARY:
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc offers a competitive wage.
Nothing in this job description restricts the management#39;s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job offers are contingent upon a successful drug screen and background review.
EOE M/F/Vets/Disabled. Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. enforces a policy of maintaining a drug-free workforce, including pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Land O#39;Lakes, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) M/F/Vets/Disabled. The company maintains a drug-free workforce, including pre- and post-employment substance abuse testing pursuant to a Drug and Alcohol Policy.
Neither Land O#39;Lakes, nor its search firms, will ever contact you and ask for confidential information over the phone or in email. If you receive a call or email like this, please do not provide the information being requested.
Land O#39;Lakes endeavors to make Landolakesinc.com accessible to any and all users. If you would like to contact us regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the application process, please contact the HR Solution Center at 844-LOL-HR4U (844-565-4748) M-F 8:00am-4:30pm CT.
- EOE is the Law (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- EOE is the Law Supplement (English | Spanish | Chinese)
- Land O#39;Lakes EOE Policy Statement
- Pay Transparency Notice
- Drug and Alcohol Policy