Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Under the supervision of Corporate Medical Management, the Wellness Center Supervisor position supervises and provides the necessary medical care of all associates in their respective Wellness Centers, manages all required federal and state records for OSHA and workers’ compensation, monitors the cost associated with the operating budget of department and workers’ compensation and provides direction and supervision to Wellness Center staff.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Administers medical care for work related or non-work related illnesses, following appropriate algorithm, or medical directives or accepted nursing standards; refers cases to physicians as needed. Documents information. Enters data into HR/Payroll database and OHM (Occupational Health Management) systems. Informs nursing supervisor as appropriate.
- Performs physicals after reviewing history information with associate; complete information on physical forms, and other forms as appropriate. .Completes termination files; assists with drug screens, TB skin testing, wellness programs, etc.
- Assists with medical cost management by early intervention in care of associates with constant follow up. Orders medical supplies as needed. Follows up on medical LOA’s to reduce time away from work.
- Processes physicians’ notes and provides documentation in support of MLOA system.
- Assists staff with systems for health improvement of associates at the facility, i.e. participation in and support with HIP.
- May supervise and manage Wellness Center staff.
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing or college program or Bachelors degree in a related field. Current, active, unrestricted license required for professional nursing in the state of practive.
3 - 5 years related work experience. Current, active and unrestricted RN license for professional nursing in the state of practice. Certification in and/or experience with Occupational Health nursing and/or case managment. Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus business management skills.
Medical office management experience; supervisory experience.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements
Position is mostly sedentary but may require occasional moving to other offices or buildings. May need to move light equipment or supplies from one place to another. May need to access files, supplies and equipment.
When in a plant environment: Exposure primarily consists of wet and moist floors which include metal and plastic grating surfaces.
May be exposed to temperatures of 28 degrees to 100 degrees Fahrenheit with both ambient and 100% humidity. May handle product 25 degrees to 50 degrees Fahrenheit. May be exposed to noise ranges of 50 db. to 110 db.
May be exposed to all chemicals used in poultry, food, processing facility.
Must wear and use protective and safety equipment required for the job as directed by the Company. May need to climb ladders.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.