Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Drinking Water Treatment Operator – Certification/License Required
General Summary: The Water Plant Operators are responsible for all daily operations of the 15 MGD lime softening, conventional filtration surface water treatment system. They must be able to work in a variety of environments, problem-solve, and analyze operations and test results for trends and future actions. The operator must be self-motivated; able to complete jobs in a timely and safe manner; and must be able to work productively with other employees.
- Oversee the operation of upflow/solids contact clarifiers and make chemical feed changes based upon operational tests and observations
- Operate and maintain the 8 mixed-media filters to maintain turbidity compliance
- Conduct hourly checks on water plant parameters to ensure efficient operation and compliance with operating requirements
- Assist the maintenance department mechanics, when needed
- Prepare/maintain necessary records of operations activities
- Conduct laboratory operational testing
- Position is in a surface water treatment plant on the Maumee River, and rapid changes in raw water quality are typical and will require corresponding changes in treatment
- Water demands of the facility can change rapidly and will require changes in system to compensate
- Must be able to analyze and make changes accordingly, sometimes with limited supervision
- High school diploma or GED
- Meet requirements for and possess a current Ohio Class I Water Treatment Professional Operator Certification, with a thorough understanding of company and state code regulations. Class II or III preferred.
- Typical Manufacturing Environment
- High noise levels in the pump gallery and chemical feed areas.
- Frequent walking required on concrete surfaces
- Moderate physical lifting required
- Must be able to climb stairs or ladders
- The employee will be able expected to work in all weather conditions experienced in Northwest Ohio
- Machinery and tool operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to: eye safety glasses, earplugs, gloves & safety harness.
- Employee will be required to complete additional training as directed by the company.
- Note: Operator will float to whatever shift needs coverage. Also, must be able to work OT and weekends as required. Applicants should expect to work most weekends and significant periods without days off.