At Johnsonville, we use our business to build our people. If you#39;re passionate about making a difference, we want you to help make our products, our processes, our communities and each other better. Wisconsin-based Johnsonville is the No. 1 national sausage brand enjoyed in 45 countries. Founded in 1945 by the late Ralph F. and Alice Stayer, our company is 2,000 members strong and remains privately owned today. Come join our family-owned company!
Johnsonville Sausage Job Posting
Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator
The Wastewater Treatment Utility Operator is responsible for the operations and maintenance of two on-site wastewater treatment facilities. This position will partner with Wastewater operators, is the primary maintenance member for the wastewater plants, and responsible for ensuring the facilities have the capacity and ability to support an expanding business as well as operate within permit requirements.
Hours: 1st shift - 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. to include weekend rotation and be available to work 2nd & 3rd shift as needed.
Pay Range: $23.21-27.92 depending upon experience
Why This is a Great Job...
You Get to...
- Inspect and maintain all mechanical and electrical equipment and assist in the preventative
maintenance programs as well as update the SAP maintenance system for the WWTPs
- Assist team members in WWTP to deliver continuous improvement in the areas of maintenance, safety, compliance, cost, customer service, and efficiency.
- Collect and arrange samples in preparation for laboratory analysis as required by the
Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources, or as directed.
- Perform basic internal laboratory analysis to determine system control.
- Understand and control biological and chemical treatment processes.
- Tabulate data and maintain records on system compliance and operations.
- Operate and maintain all equipment necessary for complete and effective wastewater treatment and system operation.
- Learn, update and maintain SAP system as it pertains to the WWTPs.
- Learn how to become a WI DNR certified water/wastewater operator through on-the-job training.
Qualifications - What you bring to the job
- Strong maintenance background specifically with wastewater treatment pumps, motors, valves, and piping
- Strong written and verbal communication skills required.
- Strong ability to read and understand flow and equipment schematics.
- An understanding of engineering terms as they pertain to wastewater treatment processes.
- Basic wastewater math skills required.
- Ability to obtain DNR certification sub-classes for Biological Solids/sludge handling, processing & reuse, Biological Treatment – Suspended growth, Disinfection, Solids Separation, Nutrient Removal – Total Phosphorus, Laboratory, and Unique Treatment Systems – Other, within 24 months of hire (Basic).
- Ability to obtain “Small Water System Operator” certification within 12 months of hire.
- Must have or be able to obtain forklift certification.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to lift up to 55 pounds.
- Must be able to wear a respirator/dust mask.
- Must be able to work outside in all weather conditions, for extended periods of time
- Must be able to climb steps and set up and climb ladders
- Must be able to work at heights of 30 ft or greater
- Must adhere to all safety requirements.
- Must know how to use a Safety Data Sheet (SDS).
- Must have the desire to learn, grow and take on increasing responsibility.
- Strong interpersonal, multitasking and organizational skills in a team environment.
- Work experiences that demonstrates Johnsonville’s Core Values: Integrity, Continuous Learning, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Innovation
- Must be able to use and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft Word, and SAP.