Treat waste water from process operation before discharging to city plant.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
- Maintain compliance with city and state waste water treatment rules and regulations
- Make minor repairs to pumps, valves, and instruments
- Keep proper records
- Monitor remotely status of the plant when not attended in rotation with another operators
- On call as required
- Return to the plant for corrective activities after hours when required
- Participate actively in meetings associated with modification of plant and plant equipment
- Make appropriate changes as required or recommended by plant designer and monitor
- Conduct self-inspections and audits of facility documenting results.
- Operate and maintain the overall plant. Insure plant equipment is functioning as designed
- Coordinate and participate in the maintenance of plant equipment
- Provide technical assistance to repairs being made documenting results.
- Write work orders for repair work needed
- Monitor status of plant maintenance backlog
- Coordinate for maintenance of plant aeration bed
- Maintain and monitor plant gas compression system that feeds the cogeneration system
- Maintain, monitor and repair plant gas bubble
- Maintain, monitor and repair plant scrubber and glycol trap
- Maintain plant in proper sanitary state
- Develop and manage repair parts for the plant
- Make recommendations to plant improvement
- Assist in recovery and cleanup when spills occur.
- Support the loading of sludge trucks
- Maintain and operate plant centrifuge
- Work with vendors on cost control
- Ability to conduct plant tours
- Rebuild pumps and valves and or send out for repair as required
- Order pumps and valves that are not economically repairable
- Coordinate for area grounds keeping and vegetation control.
- Ensure exterior of the facility is maintained.
- Purchase raw materials required for the plant.
- Strong Acids and Bases
- Sodium Hypochlorite
- Other duties as assigned
FOOD SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES
This job has no food safety responsibilities.
Monitor contractors and internal resources working on plant equipment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before
groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,
circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Class III, II, or I Waste Water Treatment Certificate / License.
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.