Perdue Foods is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it's second century of growth and innovation. With a goal of becoming the most trusted name in premium proteins, we create products for consumers and for retail and foodservice customers around the globe, while changing the way animals are raised for food.
Operates and supports the water treatment system at the local, state and federal regulations.
This is a Second Shift position.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities#13;
- Operates equipment to fulfill requirements of water and/or waste water operations.
- Performs all work within safety guidelines established by local, state and federal agencies as well as company policies.
- Collects water and/or waste water samples in accordance with quality assurance programs and applicable environmental regulations.
- Test samples and adjust equipment and chemical flow rate as required to ensure water quality is in compliance.
- Diagnoses equipment failures. Performs routine and preventative maintenance on equipment as well as routine repairs as necessary.
- Compiles and maintains relative records as required.
High School or equivalent plus required state license. Must have a valid driver's license.
0 -2 years experience. Strong reading, writing and math skills. Must have basic knowledge of wastewater operations.
Environmental Factors and Physical Requirements#13;
- Ability to work for 8 hours or more in a stationary position or travel on a wet, moist, dry, greasy floors which may include metal or plastic grating surfaces with up to 4 hours in a single interval.
- Ability to work from various types of ladders and/or stairs.
- Exposure to and work in temperatures of less than -40 degrees and 75 degrees with ambient humidity. Noise exposure of 110 db, and light intensity range of 50 to 100 foot candles.
- Bending, twisting, lifting up to 50 lbs, reaching, sitting, and grasping varies in repetitions, distance, degrees, angle, weight, heights, longest interval of time, objects grasped, and body positions depending upon the maintenance task required. Exposure to chlorinated water (50 ppm, ammonia vapors ) 5 ppm, dry ice, caustic detergents, lubricating oils, hydraulic oils, and other chemicals found in a poultry processing plant.
- Must use and / or wear protective and safety equipment required for the job.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.