A family-owned Group serving customers globally, Roquette is a leader in speciality food ingredients and pharmaceutical excipents.
The products and solutions developed by the Group deliver proven technological, nutritional and health benefits precisely tailored to the pharma, nutrition, food and selected industry markets.
Roquette's offer is produced from plant-based raw materials such as corn, wheat, potatoes and peas.
Since its foundation over 80 years ago, the Group's growth has been based on innovation, a passion for the job and a commitment to achieve.
People are at the heart of our strategy
A family-owned Group, Roquette offers a positive and attractive work and career environment, in which everyone can learn, develop, contribute to the overall company performance and be recognized for doing so.
At the heart of the company, the manufacturing department is delivering customers' needs and expectations. This function is fully challenged by the standards and policies in quality, commercial, health, safety and environment targets. Positions in manufacturing are at the crossroads of all the functions of our company with the wonderful challenge of delivering the best of nature. Ready to challenge your strong leadership in an innovative environment?
A career with Roquette will provide you with the opportunity to make a difference as you work with some of the brightest individuals in the industry who use innovation and continuous improvement to solve challenging problems, while increasing efficiency and reducing waste. Our goal is to drive growth in the manufacturing industry to achieve and sustain best-in-class standards in everything we do.
Roquette America's manufacturing facility in Gurnee, Illinois, produces polyols used in numerous applications, such as pharmaceuticals, food, confections and oral care products.
- Supports and adheres to all safety, environmental GMP and quality requirements
- Loads liquid product into designated finished goods containers and preforms final product testing and container inspection before shipment to customer or warehouse
- Meets customer requirements for washing, fillings, documenting, and sealing loads
- Liquid loaders are assigned to work in liquidload out
- Preforms other duties as assigned
- Inventory clean and dirty empty trailers daily
- Work with shipping/logistics/loadout operations todeterminetrailerstobewashedand trailer wash priority
- Operate wash station equipment
- Basic trouble shooting skills of wash and loading operating system
Essential Functions and additional responsibilities:
- Protects safety, the environment and product quality in all situations
- Qualifies on designated department positions
- Qualified to operate Rail spotter car mover
- Qualified and physically able to wear and work in a full-face respirator
- Remotely operates process via Foxboro or DLCS and PLC's
- Conducts routine tours and inspections of tanks, loading bays and other areas as assigned
- Manually manipulates equipment and preforms other manual operations as required (e.g. manipulates valves, attaches hoses and fitting, positions loading spouts,etc....)
- Samples and analyzes process samples
- Communicates effectively, both written and verbal, with other employees, Team Leaders and Contractors
- Works with maintenance employees and contractors to complete equipment repairs and modification
- Performs assigned computer functions
- Performs incidental maintenance activities
- Lifts approximately 50lb.routinely
- Ascends and descends stairs up to 4 stories
- Works in hot and humid inside environment
- Works outside in all seasons
- Maintains loading logs andlog book
- Effectively performs multiple tasks at one time
- Capable of operating with infrequent supervision- as little as one to two contacts per8 hourshift
- Carries out loading and housekeeping schedules as defined in verbal and written Team leader notes, truck schedule, and Master Cleaning for the assigned area.
Accountabilities:Satisfactory performance of this job yields the following results-
- On budget safety, environmental and quality performance
- Product output matching the production plan
- Satisfied customers
- Error-free documentation of loads
- A clean and tidywork placewith little or no product buildup
- Positive interaction with others and good morale within and across departments
- Owns the safety of self and others in the department
- Qualifies on defined jobs in the designated timeframe
- Qualified in a single area
- Monitors and understands assigned loading processes; optimizes process performance without sacrificing safety, environmental or quality (e.g. makes appropriate adjustments, etc.)
- Requires minimal supervision to sustain process operation
- Commonly work in hot, humid areas
- Is routinely required to manually handle hoses and fittings weighing approximately 50 lb.
- Routinely works outside for 60 minutes at a time, sometimes longer, in all seasons.
- Spends most of the shift standing or walking
- Bends, crawls and lies on the ground to attach and detach hoses and fittings.
- Must be able to work rotating shift
Roquette offers great benefits including:
- Medical, Vision, and Dental coverage
- Basic Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment Life (Company paid)
- Company Matching 401K
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Program
- On-site caf
We expect four leadership skills from all our employees:
oAct like a valuable team member
oTarget quality and excellence
oBe disciplined and compliant
oMake decisions quickly and with determination.
An Equal Opportunity Employer"AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug-Free Workplace"
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Roquette provides numerous career opportunities, thanks to the diversity of its jobs and their international dimension.
Joining Roquette means joining dynamic teams ambitious for success.
Add Your Talent to Ours!