Job Posting Title:
Warehouse Utility Operator - 3rd shift
12 Hour Shift(6pm-6am)
Week 1: Monday, Tuesday, Saturday, Sunday
Week 2: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday
This role will require that the selected employee will have demonstrated proficiency in 3 Key roles in plant operations. Lead Receiver, Lead Loader and Robot Operator
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Robot Operator
- Trained in all aspect of the robotic operation
- Train new and existing employees in the robotic operation
- Oversee daily operation: provide guidance for all shifts
- Communication with all functional areas
- Assign set up procedures for all shifts
- Handle routine PM of robotic system
- Assist-Champion CSD
- Develop element tree for the robotic system
- Qualified to handle both shipping and receiving operations
- Lead Receiver
- Documents results of inspection according to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Performs clerical tasks in the data processing function as needed, experience in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and SAP is preferred, but candidate can be trained.
- Perform 72 hour look out
- Interacts with R&D, Purchasing, Stockroom, Receiving Associates and Outside Vendors.
- Enters alpha/numeric data into an interactive terminal - SAP - verify counts are correct.
- Keeps abreast of the basic requirements for compliance in own area of work and complies with those requirements. Participates as required in training on regulatory issues affecting own area of work.
- Performs other related duties and assignments TBD by department manager or design.
- Notify the jockey of trailer moves
- Complete inbound inspection sheets, verify seal, notify working foreman or warehouse manager of any discrepancies.
- Organize the warehouse and storage trailers
- Assist with cycle counts
- Forklift certification is required, will train if needed
- Lead Loader
- Trailer Loading
- Prints Load Sheets* and Pick/Peelie List for each order.
- Completes the Trailer Inspection Report prior to loading the trailer; sweeps and inspects.
- Pulls product from the listed locations or stretch wrapper and loads trailer using STO or SO number. Uses SAP to scan pallets into location
- When loading trailer, one of the "peelies" must be taken from the pallet and placed on the load sheet. If there are no labels on the pallet, you must write the Item##, Code Date, Qty, HU## and SO## in a blank space on the load sheet and initial it.
- When the trailer is completed, the Loader will air bag and, tie guard or both, depending on the customer requirements, the lead loader will then complete the trailer in SAP and print paperwork for shipping.
- Forklift Operators are expected to observe all safety rules while operating forklifts.
- As needed, release trailers to drivers for delivery.
- Aide palletizer operator with gathering and staging packaging supplies.
- Palletizer Operating
- Gathers packaging supplies and stages for production.
- Loads packaging supplies into equipment.
- Performs operating duties for case packing, palletizing and stretch wrapping equipment.
- Issues packaging materials in SAP during production.
- Prints and applies HUs to pallets.
- Assists and performs equipment changeovers
- Additional Tasks: Contributes to team effort by performing other assigned duties as needed. Maintains cooperative relationship with coworkers and management by communicating necessary information, responding to requests, building rapport; and participating in problem solving methods. Follows and enforces standards for food safety and food quality production reflected in SQF as well as the regulations of major vendors and governmental agencies such as OSHA, FDA and EPA and assures associates are consistently trained in these standards and comply with all requirements
Essential knowledge, skills, abilities and experience:
- High School, technical school education or equivalent.
- Ability to be organized, multitask and keep up with multiple fast-paced machines.
- Mechanical ability to run equipment and use small hand tools.
- Basic math and measuring ability.
- Mental alertness to identify and react to machine process, quality issues and safety issues such as lock out/tag out.
- Ability to comprehend written and oral communication and apply commonsense understanding to carry out and follow instructions and standard procedures.
- Ability to read production orders and machine specifications.
- Ability to use computers for data entry.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Ability to communicate information one-on-one and in small group situations.
- Ability to keep up with fast-paced conveyor line.
- Ability to drive forklift and to pass in-company forklift driver training program.
- High degree of attention to drive safely required to prevent injury to others.
- Mental alertness to identify quality issues.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to walk, taste, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; use hands to finger, handle, and feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, and crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close and color vision. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; high, precarious places; toxic or caustic chemicals; outside weather conditions; extreme cold; and extreme heat. The noise level is representative of a production environment. The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills efforts, or working conditions associated with the job; it is intended to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development, and compensation. The incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.