As one of North America#39;s largest independent manufacturers of consumer packaged goods ("CPG"), KIK helps a large portfolio of brands and retailers bring their products to life. With leading positions in the multi-billion household and personal care, over-the-counter, and pool additives categories, we maintain close relationships with over 70 global CPG customers and virtually every relevant major North American retailer. We have full-service capabilities covering end-to-end contract manufacturing, including project management, innovation and R&D, sourcing and procurement, blending and compounding, filling and packaging, supply chain and distribution, and quality control. Our manufacturing model is highly flexible and we consistently add value to our customers by leveraging our range of services and expertise. KIK has over 5,000 employees and operates 19 manufacturing facilities strategically located throughout North America and over $1 billion in sales.
KIK#39;s Cortland location is a large campus and houses 2 manufacturing facilities. KIK#39;s two manufacturing facilities in Cortland, New York are FDA registered and specialize in producing personal care liquids for the consumer products industry. Cortland is located approximately 45 minutes outside of Syracuse, NY. This location manufactures shampoos, conditioners and lotions, and personal care cleaning products and fills into bottle sizes from 3/4 oz to 40 oz.
Essential Job Functions
RESPONSIBILITIES AND EXPECTATIONS:
- Operate Forklift
- Operate Pallet Hand Jack
- Identify which lines are to run or what trucks need loaded/unloaded
- Assign tasks to drivers and review tasks for satisfactory completion
- Communicate with shuttle drivers
- Transfer and locate incoming raw materials and/or filled stock
- Shipping filled stock and/or raw materials
- Locate filled stock and/or raw materials storage
- Operate hand held scanning device
- Stage production lines
- De-stage production lines
- Audit Warehouse
- Dispose of trash
- Follow Safety/GMP guidelines
- Upon completion or training possess Forklift License/Badge at all times when operating a Forklift
- Carefully following detailed procedures to complete a task
- Sorting items by identification number and distinguishing between similar numbers in a list
- Follow Enzyme Policies and Procedures when applicable
- Maintain an Annual Performance Evaluation Rating of Average or better.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and verbal
- Customer focused; Must be flexible in dealing with others in the organization, and with work assignments/projects
- Must be capable of both creative thought and deductive reasoning
- Self-motivated; Ability to work independent of supervision
- Team player; Participation on Plant Continuous Improvement (CI) Process
- Efficient or competent job performance such as following procedures, inventory, transactions, and documentation
- Attendance is essential to job qualification. No unexcused absence is acceptable.
- Ability to remain seated for long periods of time
- Ability to lift 75lbs.
- Pushing and pulling Pallet Hand Jack
Thank you for your interest and consideration of a career with KIK!