My client does over $8B in sales and has a long track record of growth, finishing 2019 +6% (Marking 15 consecutive quarters of positive sales increase). To keep up with this growth, they are looking to add a Warehouse Leader to the team. This key role will be responsible for the assigned Distribution Center warehouse operations to include, but not limited to, receiving, storage, shipping, delivery, personnel management and maintenance activities. This role will work in partnership with the Warehouse Manager to manage warehouse operations in a productive, efficient and cost efficient manner.
Responsible to supervise the day to day warehouse department activities within assigned area(s) such as shipping, receiving, selection, loading, storage, etc. Assigns work to distribution associates and ensures productivity, accuracy, excellent customer service, safe work environment and efficient operations; and trains associates as necessary,
- School Education HS Graduate or Equivalent(GED)
- Job Experience Three (3) years Warehouse distribution experience and Supervisory Experience
- Responsibilities and Essential Duties Supervise the day to day warehouse department activities within assigned area(s) such as shipping, receiving, selection, loading, storage, etc.
- Work with cross-functional departments as it relates to the distribution center operations and ensure prompt and timely resolution of any issues.
- Schedule and assign work to warehouse associates to complete workload in a timely and efficient manager while maintaining productivity, accuracy, excellent customer service and safe work environment; plan and schedule activities to control costs on labor and supplies.
- Maintain warehouse related reporting on related KPI#39;s. Ensure the health, safety, cleanliness and security of the work environment. This may include, but is not limited to:
- Ensure compliance with distribution procedures and governmental regulations (i.e., safety, sanitation, etc.) and promote and reinforce safety and security awareness;
- Oversee and ensure the cleanliness of the work environment;
- Ensure proper maintenance of and report any issues related to equipment; and
- Report and/or address any issues or work-related injuries, and participate in any investigations as required.
Work with warehouse leads to coordinate day-to-day scheduling of associates based on resources, volume, etc.. Ensure team lead is properly training associates; assist with training team on changes in processes and procedures.
Coordinate and lead pre-shift meetings and ensure timely communication with associates on various topics (i.e., distribution procedures, safety, human resources programs, etc.)