WI Manawa DC
Supply Chain Logistics
Job Posting Title:
Warehouse Supervisor- 1st Shift
SUMMARY: Position exists to supervise and direct warehouse and DC office employees as well as coordinate daily shipping activities of distribution center.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following:
• Supervise the picking and loading of customer orders for both customer pickups (CPU#39;s) and Sturm Foods, Inc. contract carriers.
• Coach and train employees on care and preservation of items stored, how they#39;re shipped and how to safely operate all warehouse equipment.
• Complete research to recommend improvements in procedures and processes.
• Review records to help ensure accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures.
• Trace history of finished goods production and/or sales to determine reasons for product discrepancies.
• Create work procedures, prepare work schedules and expedite workflow when appropriate.
• Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of work output.
• Responsible for maintaining harmony among DC employees and help resolve problems as soon as they#39;re known.
• Demand positive attitude and superior customer service from subordinates towards internal and external customers alike.
• Have ability to multi-task and prioritize workload throughout each day.
• Prepare reports and maintain records for Logistics Manager and other Sturm Foods, Inc. Departments.
• Train employees on the use of the warehouse management system including computers, scanners and printers
• Other duties may be assigned.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Directly supervises 10 to 20 employees in the Distribution Center. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training employees, planning, assigning and directing work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: Bachelor#39;s Degree preferred with 3 years work experience in a food warehouse environment.
LANGUAGE SKILLS: Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively with groups of employees.
COMPUTER SKILLS: MS Word and Excel spreadsheet.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS: Can add, subtract, divide and have ability to calculate figures and amounts such as weights and cubic measurements.
REASONING ABILITY: Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret and prioritize a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: None
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and talk or listen. The employee frequently is required to walk and use hands to handle or feel. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment varies from quiet to that of a normal warehouse operation with material handling equipment noise in background.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.