MO St Louis (Marceau St)
Supply Chain Logistics
Job Posting Title:
Position responsible for facilitating interaction between plant, third party logistics company, and distribution centers to ensure customer service level objectives are satisfied. Create Orders for replenishments and coordinate carrier pick-up and trailer availability.
Responsibilities and Essential Job Functions:
- Provides consistent positive leadership to achieve required results in shipping, receiving, storage, and transportation of materials. Delegates work assignments to employees. Assures that standard TreeHouse operating procedures relating to stacking heights, general sanitation requirements, stock rotation and other outlined procedures are followed. Maintains constant communication with Distribution Manager regarding material handling and distribution issues.
- Maintains contact with employees in assigned area to ensure that they understand job assignments, are carrying out assigned duties and receive immediate assistance in the event of problems. Schedules overtime as needed. Ensures that all employees are properly trained in material handling techniques and warehouse/inventory management systems. Uses various techniques including coaching, small group meetings, one-on-one sessions, positive recognition and/or discipline to cause employees to achieve desired results. Maintains familiarity with collective bargaining agreement (union organized plant) and/or employee handbook. Works with Plant Human Resources Manager and Department Manager to resolve any people issues and implement Human Resources programs, policies and procedures.
- Closely monitors inventory levels, in-bound/out-bound shipment accuracy, and production schedules, while maintaining on-going communication with the plant distribution personnel. Supervises the receipt and release of all quarantined ingredient while awaiting QC approval. Makes certain that proper egg-hold procedures are established and in place; oversees the receipt and release of egg-hold product and ascertains that all necessary warehouse employees know and understand the proper procedures related to egg-hold product. Schedules dock times for inbound raw material and packaging deliveries.
- Ensures that work area is free of all hazards and employees are following all safety rules and regulations. Develops and maintains personal knowledge of safety rules and regulations. Conducts daily/weekly SBOs and reviews with employees. Ensures that all employees are knowledgeable of Good Manufacturing Principles (GMP) and sanitation regulations. Provide follow up on ingredient and packaging issues as needed.
- Work closely with Corporate Transportation to manage trailer/carrier availability at plant. Provide all necessary support, scheduling, and dispatch for transportation and shipping activities to ensure adherence to all order delivery expectations. Liaise with leaser of tractor to ensure vehicle in proper working order. Correspond with shuttle service to arrange loads to distribution centers and co-packers as needed. Assure all documentation is complete.
- Coordinate production and shipment of all Government, Donation, and Salvage orders originating from plant. Coordinate transportation of product and packaging to all co-packers and finished product from co-packers.
- Communicate with customer service representatives, DC and warehouse personnel, Sales Reps, Demand Planners and others as needed. Analyze available inventories, open orders, and scheduled production to mitigate customer cuts which impact fill rate.
- Manage and coordinate co-packer production. Create stock transfer orders as needed. Identify and resolve systems issues efficiently and effectively.
- Executes projects as requested related to cost, operations and service improvements in transportation, distribution and warehousing
- Strive to create a motivating and supportive environment.
- Active participant in sharing and supporting best practices.
- Support TreeHouse Performance Systems implementation.
- Projects are a part of this position, both individual and in teams, including team leadership. Project write-ups and presentations are expected.
- Will use discretion and independent judgment while working with numerous vendors from across the country.
- Provides back-up for Manager Warehouse and Production Planning.
Education/ Experience/ Skills :
- B.S. Degree or equivalent in business, operations planning, logistics, industrial engineering or manufacturing management.
- 3-5 years of experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in logistics or preferably with a food company.
- Demonstrated knowledge and skill in inventory management practices such as demand management, lead time reduction, capital employed, and inventory turns.
- Must have strong planning and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Must be able to concisely communicate situational opportunities tactfully.
- Have understanding or manufacturing, purchasing and distribution and their interrelationships is required.
- Drive for improvement of company and self, while working in a team environment.
- JDE and SAP ERP systems a plus.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disability to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to sit and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, keyboards; and reach with hands and arms.
- The employee must frequently lift up to 25 pounds and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific visions abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals so classified.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.