Founded by Eric Lecoq in 1991, we are the preeminent manufacturer of fine French pastries in the US.
Intense focus on innovation, investment in state-of-the-art equipment, and an uncompromising commitment to the highest quality in ingredients, together with artisanal know-how and respect for tradition, are the secrets to the creation of our exquisite pastries.
Our amazing people#39;s inspiration and dedication are what brings it all together. Their enthusiasm for the product and commitment to delivering the very best French pastries translates into an unforgettable experience for your taste buds.
The same principles of quality, high standards, and precision are found throughout the organization in everything we do. If you have a passion for excellence, an innovative mind, and pride for things well done, we#39;d love to meet you.
The purpose of this position is to ensure smooth and efficient operation of the shipping, receiving and warehouse areas and will be responsible for coordinating the activities of employees engaged in material handling, shipping, storage, and transportation. Input and verify records of incoming and outgoing shipments as well as preparing items for shipment. These actions are a direct requirement of servicing customer sales orders and supporting factory production.
Essential Job Functions:
- Team management: scheduling, validating Time-Off Requests, Performance Reviews, hiring, disciplinary actions, training and monitoring overtime.
- Scheduling of inbound and outbound activities and directing work of assigned staff.
- Active participation of overseeing shipping and receiving activities to ensure the methods and rules are followed by the team as well as all shipping and receiving is done in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop procedures and documentation for e-commerce launch, determine space requirements, prepare kits and assign work.
- Streamline and manage online e-commerce shipments using express package delivery services.
- Manage all documentation including advanced shipping notices, pick lists, packing slips, and bills of lading.
- Optimize process to ensure all goods are verified against shipping records – ensure deliveries, both in and out, match orders in quantity, quality and traceability.
- Oversee the maintenance of records relating to damaged or defective items. Alert Quality Department in the event of any deviation.
- Maintain records relating to employee forklift certification.
- Insure all equipment is working, safe and effective. Determine maintenance needs.
- Inventory and order all required PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) for cold environment.
- Organize all warehouses (dry, freezer, cooler, etc.) and communicate any issues (e.g. reaching capacity).
- Oversee cleanliness and building appearance of loading docks and warehouses to meet all compliance factors, i.e., GMP, OSHA, AIB, HACCP.
- Responsible for regulatory audits and inventory accuracy (including planning, remediation and follow-up).
- Responsible for the efficient flow and inventory of the warehouse.
- Maintain KPIs for the department.
- Conduct monthly and periodic physical inventories.
- Maintain and monitor food safety activities including sanitation, allergen program, pest control, and cold chain
- Member of food safety team (HACCP trained) and work with the crisis management team.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 3 -5 years of demonstrated supervisory experience in a shipping/receiving environment using current technologies (e.g. barcoding).
- Knowledge of the food/baking industry would be a plus.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures, routes, and rates is necessary.
- PC literate. Advanced computer skills utilizing Microsoft Office (Word and Excel).
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Bilingual in Spanish/English.
Lecoq Cuisine provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.