Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Operator 2, Bakery Warehouse is a contributing member of the team-oriented Warehouse process. Responsibilities include loading and unloading of inbound and outbound raw materials and finished goods and maintains accurate documentation of all products. In addition to quality and compliance, it is the responsibility of Operator 2, Bakery Warehouse to contribute to maintaining a safe work environment for themselves, fellow employees and our customers.
The Operator 2, Bakery Warehouse is responsible for ensuring the food is shipped, received and stored according to the specifications established by Aspire Bakeries. Also required to work with the Bakery Team to accomplish production goals and maintain food quality.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Utilize forklift, pallet jack and related machinery and equipment to move product
- Fill hoppers, maintain ingredients accessibility, timely stage ingredients per recipe sheets and the needs of the production line
- Monitor inventory levels and provide feedback to appropriate personnel
- Receive product into SAP and verify accuracy of incoming and outgoing product against documentation
- Rack finished food from the production department in freezer and scan into SAP
- Print and documents SU labels for finished goods from production
- Inspect the warehouse on a daily basis and report any product damage, equipment malfunctions or department deficiencies to appropriate personnel
- Ensure warehouse, freezer, machinery and equipment are clean and organized at all times
- Continuous compliance with Good Manufacturing Processes (GMP s)
- Adhere to production and packaging work schedule and running orders
- Perform other duties as assigned or required
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- 2 Years Warehouse Experience
- Proficient computer skills including experience with SAP, MS Outlook and Excel
- Documented equipment training using forklifts, electric and manual jacks and other moving equipment
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Good communication and observational skills
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and must also adapt to frequent changes that occur on the production line
- Position requires ability to act as a member of a highly functioning team
- High School Diploma
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift/Carry up to 50 lbs. with or without assistance
- Navigate up and down stairs
- Flexing/Extending/Turning the neck
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to work in a hot, cold, wet, frozen, dusty, and loud environment
- Frequently works near moving mechanical parts
- Ability to work weekends, holidays and overtime as required
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.