Location: Fairfield, CADepartment: Supply Chain
Type: Full TimeMin. Experience: Experienced
Primal Per Foods is a Fairfield, California-based manufacturer of fully prepared. human-grade raw foods and treats for dogs and cats. Primal Pet Foods was founded with the goal of improving the quality of life and overall health and happiness of pets through wholesome raw foods that mimic the diet of animals in the wild. We are looking for reliable and motivated people to join our fast-paced, growing Primal Team!
Monday to Friday 1st shift start time between 5- 8am. This is a Full-time position. Schedules are at minimum 8 hours shifts or more. Daily or Saturday overtime required as needed and is mandatory.
This position requires the receiving, staging, transferring, placing, returning, and overall responsibility for raw materials, packaging materials, and finished goods in compliance with company standards and procedures.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Receive raw materials, WIP’s, or packaging materials from the respective vendors, departments, or staging areas in compliance with the department’s procedures for receiving and returning materials.
- Efficiently and safely move product to the proper area for use following all department and QA procedures.
- Keep a proper inventory of the material received for inventory accuracy and quality control.
- Place material in the areas following department and QA procedures.
- Sorting, wrapping, packing, repacking as needed. Transfer finished goods pallets to the holding freezer.
- Load and Unload raw materials, WIP’s and finished goods in accordance with company policies.
- Return raw materials, WIP’s or packaging materials to the respective department or location in accordance with the department’s procedures for receiving and returning materials.
- Inspect Power Industrial Truck (PIT) before usage, keep equipment, tools, and company property neat and clean. Change and charge PIT batteries as needed.
- Proper housekeeping throughout the shift and in all departmental areas.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Skills
- Less than high school education; minimum 6 months related Training. Previous Forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to read a limited number of two- and three-syllable words and to recognize similarities and differences between words and between series of numbers. Ability to print and speak simple sentences.
- Ability to add and subtract numbers and to multiply and divide and understand percentages. Ability to perform these operations using units of weight measurement and quantity measurements.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Must be punctual and regular attendance required.
While performing the duties of this job, you will be required to stand and walk; use hands to feel; and reach with arms. Occasionally required to sit and talk or hear. Required to lift up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds without assistance. Additionally, you must be able to lift and or move more than 50 pounds with assistance. Specific vision abilities required by this job include peripheral vision. You will be regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts, extreme cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
We offer great benefits and perks
Paid vacation and sick hours
Company-paid holidays, 7 per year
Low-cost medical insurance, including options with Kaiser, Sutter, UHC, and Anthem
Competitive dental, vision, and supplemental insurance. Plus, discounted pet insurance!
401k with company match up to 4%
Free Primal products for your pet
Career opportunities, training, and much more!
Primal Pet Foods is a Drug Free Workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.