• Directly supervise all shipping, receiving, and warehouse staff, including forklift and electric lift truck operators.
• Receive work assignments and schedules from Plant Manager.
• Receive and analyze production orders and direct staff to supply each process line with proper materials and quantities.
• Coordinate the daily operations of the warehouse, including labor and forklift demand schedules based on production line orders and materials & supplies inventory levels in storage areas.
• Cooler and rail dock counts with dates, pallet picking that would include accurate analytical needed for efficient productivity, all packaging, seals, pallet material counts needed for production all presented and documented at daily meetings.
• Be able to demonstrate a consistent up to date and accurate Daily Inventory (Raw Material, WIP, Finished Goods, and Packaging)
• Oversee transport of material and product pallets to and from warehouse storage areas and to and from shipping and receiving docks and trailers, ensuring the understanding and use by staff of first in the first out organization.
• Develop and maintain shipping and receiving schedules for inbound and outbound product flow.
• Understand and have experience working with and implementing an Inventory Management System
• Ensure the timely transport of the finished product from production lines to storage or shipping/receiving dock trailers.
• Actively promote a safe work environment through training, adherence to safety protocols, and enforcement of safety rules.
• Develop, recommend, and implement measures to improve warehousing processes and procedures, equipment performance, inventory accuracy, and product quality.
• Analyze and resolve work issues or assist others in effective and timely problem-solving.
• Compile annual performance results reporting.
• Maintain timecards, performance reviews, and following policies for all employee-related duties.
• Bachelor’s degree preferred, with 3 to 5 years Warehouse experience, OR a minimum of an Associate’s Degree or equivalent, from a two-year college or technical school with 5 - 10 years Warehouse experience or training.
Knowledge and Experience Required:
• Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of electric lift trucks.
• Experienced in the loading and unloading of refrigerated trailers.
• Knowledge of the occupational hazards and safety precautions applicable to the work.
• Ability to read and understand equipment instruction manuals and detect and troubleshoot operating defects or faults.
• Forklift and Pallet Truck Certifications are highly preferred.
• Food Manufacturing experience highly preferred.