This position is responsible for coordinating daily warehouse activities including, loading/unloading trailers, picking/packing according to customer specifications, inspecting, documenting, storing, moving raw/finished goods to/from internal storage areas and customers, preparing bill of lading, utilize bar code scanning devices, utilize material handling equipment, Inventory cycle counting, physical counts, and maintain constant communication with customer service and traffic to meet customer requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist in running an efficient warehouse operation which is able to fulfil operational and customer demands.
- Performs inspection and receipt of incoming/outgoing materials in coordination with defined specifications and in collaboration with Quality Control
- Reviews, prioritizes, and organizes all incoming/outgoing shipments.
- Resolves warehouse-related issues with representatives from other department throughout the company. Where appropriate elevate the issue to a more senior level
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly cycle counts along with investigating and reconciling quantity discrepancies between stock and records
- Complete transactions within an electronic warehouse management system. Candidate must be computer literate and able to quickly learn required software
- Accurately and efficiently prepare UPS/Fed-Ex Shipments
- Communicate with staff on a regular basis to make them aware of priorities, targets and operational requirements
- Coordinates with manager to manage personnel issues and requests.
- Knowledge and experience operating forklifts and pallet jacks
- Train new warehouse operatives within area of responsibility
- Ensure storage areas are cleaned according to documented procedure and report cleaning deficiencies to management.
- Ensure all GMP, HACCP, safety and plant, documentation and compliance to regulatory policies and procedures are followed
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management