Michael Foods, Inc. is leading food processor and distributor with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products and offers exciting job possibilities throughout our organization. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food – where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact.
This position is responsible for assisting the supervisor in overseeing day to day warehouse functions. Responsibilities include receiving and shipping of all inbound and outbound products and materials from internal and external facilities; inspection of products and materials, verification and control of inventory, verification and control of inbound and outbound shipments, and the inspection of trailers and forklifts.
- Assists in training of all processing and warehouse personnel in assigned department. Assists supervisor in updating training for existing personnel whenever procedures are implemented.
- Helps in providing for a safe work environment for all personnel. Also helps ensure the warehouse complies with food safety standards as established by Michael Foods, Inc.
- Works with supervisor to help maintain sanitation standards of facility.
- Assigns work tasks to department personnel.
- Assist with safety audits
- Helps maintain control records related to warehouse
- Maintains effective working relationship between members of department and other areas.
- Continually monitors inventory and notifies all appropriate personnel if discrepancy is found.
- To follow all PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) requirements and safety procedures
- To follow all GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) “washing hands, etc.” throughout the day.
- To follow all HACCP (Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points) guidelines.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Monitors MHE equipment on a continual basis to maintain proper operation and safety.
- Reports and fills out work orders on maintenance issues as they relate to productivity, food safety, quality and human safety to maintenance.
- Encourage suggestions from employees which will improve productivity, quality, safety or control cost for warehouses operator.
- Maintains accurate records and Daily shift report.
- Complete daily paperwork, SAP (System Applications Product in Data Processing),PEB, Bill of Lading as needed
- To follow Food Safety and Inspection Service (FSIS) guidelines
- Assure that all paper work being done properly
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP’s, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Actively participate in and promote our safety culture by following safe work practices and adhering to all safety policies and procedures. Responsible for reporting all incidents, accidents and observations of unsafe acts or conditions.
EDUCATION:6 months fork lift experience in warehouse setting highly preferred.Level 4 Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
MATHEMATICAL SKILLS:Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
REASONING ABILITY:Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs
LANGUAGE SKILLS:Previous leadership experience preferred.
EXPERIENCE: High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have good communication skills.
- Self-motivated and a willingness to learn.
- Must be able to train new employees.
- Ability to work in different environments and temperature (below 10 degrees).
- Ability to safely lift 30-50 lbs. at the farms and up to 75 lbs. occasionally at the plant.
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends (once at month). Also, willing to work an alternate shift.
- Excessive walks, standing on hard surfaces
- Must have basic computer skills (excel, word, etc.)
- Ability to analyze problems and find solutions
- Ability to speak, write and understand English.
- Ability to obtain forklift operator License.
- Travel to and work at multiple locations.