Warehouse Forklift Operator
Monday to Friday -3:30 PM - 11:30 PM
At Shearer’s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Your seat at the table
We currently seek an experienced Forklift Operator who is eager to work in a challenging, fast paced warehouse. Ensure smooth movement of product, ingredients and packaging into & out of and throughout the facility using a tow motor.
- Required to use of dock locks and wheel chalks at all times when loading or unloading trailers.
- Required to work “Independently” as well as in a “Team” environment
- Responsible for servicing production raw material needs/scrap bins.
- Handle finished goods and raw materials per all Food Safety, Food Quality and Plant procedures.
- Accurately maintain all paperwork requirements in computer software as required
- Assist in returning unused “packaging materials” to the appropriate location. All materials MUST be stored in a clean and organized manner
- Follow FIFO at all times
- Prepare and stage finished goods/raw materials for proceeding shift
- Ability to understand and operate an RF scanner/Thor monitor on tow motor
- Complete operator maintenance requirements (example: prestart checklist, watering batteries, monitor battery charge, lock out)
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness and organization of the Packaging Materials Warehouse, Finished Goods Warehouse, Garbage Disposal room and Warehouse office.
- Participate in inventories
- Must have the ability to retrieve and place stock in proper locations stock from the warehouse (push back racking).
- Must be able to complete the warehouse spreadsheet indicating all transactions during the shift.
- Must be able to dump bins from the lines to the waste area and record all the necessary scrap information in the computer system.
- Must be able to load pallets of finished goods on the wrapper ( automated and manual) and scan them into a storage location (Red Prairie)
- Follow all work instructions
- Follow all company policies and procedures while working
- Completing all other duties as assigned
What you bring to the table
We want to build the best team in the industry, so we’re looking for people like you who not only can work as a part of a team, but also exhibit the following leadership behaviors:
- Individual must be self-motivated, detail-oriented, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and have good time management and organization skills
- Computer skills ( MAPICs, Outlook email, MIP, Red Prairie), basic understanding/ knowledge, training will be provided
- Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to understand and operate an RF scanner/Thor monitor, training will be provided
- Able to follow written and verbal communication
- Must be proficient on a counterbalance tow motor and able to operate a tow motor with a slip sheet attachment for some products
- Ideally a certified driver or able to successfully obtain license
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Individual must notify manager and human resources if driver’s license is suspended
- Must follow all safety regulations while working
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate.
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer’s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!