Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
Job Title: Warehouse Crew/Delivery Person
Reports To: Facility Manager
Maintains the integrity of the organizations warehouses, receives, stores, picks, loads and distributes products and POS materials within the warehouse. Operates delivery vehicle and makes deliveries on an as needed basis
Essential Job Duties
- Makes deliveries to stores, BINs and other warehouses following preplanned delivery route as scheduled.
- Loads and unloads trailers of palletized and non-palletized product and POS material. Utilizes material handling manual and power equipment.
- Sorts and places products or POS materials on racks or shelves according to predetermined designated locations.
- Assembles customer orders from stock and places orders on pallets, wraps pallets with stretch film and prepares for shipping.
- Accurately identifies and counts products/POS for redistribution from warehouse to ensure conformance to company standards.
- Marks in coming products with identifying information. (Date Code, Product Description and Code, Case Count)
- Marks outgoing product with identifying information. (Route ##/BIN Location, Pallet Count)
- Verifies amounts of product/POS materials received.
- Uses handheld computer during local checkout process according to Company Operation Guidelines.
- Operates material handling equipment to transport stored items within the warehouse.
- Prepares and organizes warehouse for daily cycle count inventory and shopping activities.
- Complete power equipment daily maintenance checklist. Report defective equipment.
- Adhere to appropriate hygienic and safety guidelines.
- Participate in warehousing sanitation/cleaning according to schedule
- Operates the Handheld computer to properly record sales/delivery transactions.
- Collects or picks up empty containers/pallets and rejected or returned merchandise.
- Cleans inside of truck.
- Maintains maintenance schedule on truck.
- Completes daily pre-trip and post trip inspection forms and logs as required.
- Checks truck fluid levels daily and fills as needed.
- May perform other duties as required.
Scope of Responsibility
Works under direct supervision while following all company guidelines, procedures, and policies in order to maintain a safe, clean and efficient work environment.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively to customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving occasional variables in standardized situations.
Education and Experience
High School Diploma or GED
1-2 Years Box Truck Driving Experience Preferred
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Ability to qualify for and maintain fork lift operator’s license/certification. The DOT certification and or physical may be required in some locations. Must have a valid driver’s license that allows for the operation of our delivery vehicle(s) in accordance with our Company "Qualifications For Motor Vehicle Operation" Policy.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, climb or balance. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to; fumes or airborne particles and; toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Adverse Working Conditions
Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions, dust, noise, heat/cold.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
All other duties (not highlighted) are the duties of a delivery person.
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.