At Shearer s, we provide the safest environment possible for our employees by providing proper PPE (Personal Protective Equipment), frequent and thorough sanitation practices, social distancing, daily temperature checks, as well as virtual interviewing options. Safety is our absolute priority.
Warehouse Associate, Bristol, VA
Available Shifts: Night Shift (8pm-8am 2,2,3 schedule)
The Warehouse General Team Member will be responsible for shipping and receiving activities such as building pallets, performing physical labor while engaged in loading/unloading functions, moving pallets to and from the production area with manually operated pallet jacks, as well as all other duties as assigned. The team member will be expected to keep the work area clean at all times at a level consistent with the high standards of food manufacturing.
Must be able to work every other weekend and overtime.
Your seat at the table
- Carry out their duties using a variety of powered industrial equipment that may include: pallet jacks, forklifts, stand-up forklifts, order selectors, or other equipment.
- Responsible for handling full cases of product, including consistent lifting of cartons and merchandise onto and off conveyor lines, pallets and other storage containers.
- Maintain and verify documentation and information to facilitate flow of merchandise throughout the plant.
What you bring to the table
We want to build the best team in the industry, so we re looking for people who exhibit the following:
Education and Work Experience
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2 years of experience in a warehouse or supply chain, preferably in the food processing industry a plus
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Must be able to read, understand and effectively communicate to team members in immediate area.
- Utilize math skills to verify quantities, make adjustments, fill out worksheets and complete order paperwork correctly.
- Operate Warehouse Management System (WMS), radio frequency scanners, and other equipment needed to perform job duties.
- Solid attention to detail, ability to follow directions and apply problem solving skills
- Ability to identify product and match numbers.
Ability to operate forklifts stand-up forklifts, pallet jacks, and other equipment a plus, and perform at a fast, repetitious pace. Position requires lifting up to 65 pounds
We Offer a Feast of Benefits
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Flexible Spending Account, Retirement Savings Plan with Match, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, Group Critical Accident Insurance, Group Critical Illness Insurance, Employee Assistance Plan and numerous opportunities to volunteer in the communities in which we operate. Abundant opportunities for growth! Learn more about our Daily Pay Benefit!
You will be considered for employment in our inclusive workplace
Because at Shearer s, we are committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
This is your invitation to apply now!