For Current Agropur Employees:
Please apply for this job through the Career application of your Workday Home Page.
Working at Agropur means being a member of an extended family where simplicity and honesty are part of everyday life, and where the management style is based on integrity, openness and autonomy. You too can join the Agropur family!
Who we are:
We are an employee-focused organization that promotes from within and are looking for enthusiastic, team-oriented employees to join our growing team. Founded in 1938, Agropur is a top 20 global dairy processor. In addition to being one of the largest award-winning cheese manufacturers, Agropur is a leader in high quality and diverse nutritional whey proteins. Agropur#39;s 10 US-based, SQF Certified plants are behind some of the most prominent food, beverage, and nutrition brands in the industry. Vertically integrated by design, Agropur provides future-forward solutions in the areas of cheese, ingredients, beverages, and custom contract manufacturing services. "Better Dairy. Better World." www.agropur.com
The Warehouse and Fulfillment Manager manages and coordinates the daily operations of warehouses at multiple Agropur locations to ship, receive and transfer product in an efficient and economical manner. The Warehouse and Fulfillment Manager builds and maintains a good business relationship with local third-party warehouses. This position manages daily operations of and contributes to the business development for 3PL Fulfillment services. The Warehouse and Fulfillment Manager develops, promotes, and maintains a safe warehousing environment and a workforce capable of meeting warehousing requirements in accordance with customer needs and overall goals of the organization.
What this role is all about:
We are looking for a Warehouse and Fulfillment Manager in La Crosse.
- Responsible for the daily operations of warehousing activities including shipping and receiving, warehouse transfers, and distribution for all local locations (2340 Enterprise Avenue, 2266 Enterprise Avenue, 2740 Hemstock Street, 1733 Caledonia Street) and future purchased or leased properties.
- Responsible for managing and optimizing warehouse space by analyzing current and forecasted production, sales, and purchase, and transfer orders.
- Work with Management and supply chain groups to forecast future storage space requirements, recommending the space, staff, and equipment requirements.
The Requirements (Minimum Qualifications):
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in a related field required.
- Equivalent combination of education and/or experience may be considered.
- Previous management or supervisor experience required.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in a related position required.
The Extras (Preferred Qualifications):
- APICS Certified Supply Chain Professional (CSCP) preferred.
- APICS Certified in Logistics, Transportation, and Distribution (CLTD) preferred.
What we offer you:
- Agropur offers its employees a competitive and comprehensive compensation and benefits package focusing on your physical, financial and emotional health to include the following:
- Health, Dental and Vision options
- Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts
- Company paid life insurance, short and long-term disability
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a 4% company match
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Health and Wellness Programs to include Wellness Incentives and Employee Assistance Program
- Opportunities for discretionary bonus#39; and discretionary 401(k) contributions based on Company financial performance.
- Paid Time Off Program, Holiday Pay and Bereavement
- An environment that upholds our five core values: Boldness, Collaboration, Communication, Excellence and Integrity
- Opportunities for advancement
- Training programs
- Employee Referral Program
- Community Involvement
Our La Crosse, WI, plant is home to approximately 330 employees. This facility supplies the food, beverage, and nutritional industries with innovative functional ingredients and superior quality contract manufacturing services.
La Crosse, WI, is nestled between the Mississippi River and the rolling river bluffs. This town is home to a plethora of colleges, high-quality health care, community events, and cultural opportunities. If you want to enjoy outdoor activities there are many opportunities, such as hiking, cycling, skiing, and boating. The town hosts multiple events annually and is famously known for their Oktoberfest celebration as well as offering a minor league baseball team. Visit the La Crosse Chamber site https://www.lacrossechamber.com/ for more information on local events.
AA/EEO - Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for contributing to business development and profitability of Fulfillment services.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of 3PL Fulfillment services, including onboarding new customers, and day-to-day operations. This includes daily, weekly, and monthly communication with Fulfillment customers, customer service, and IT Applications staff.
- Provide direction for system enhancements to employee productivity and increase order accuracy.
- Responsible for coordinating transfers between Agropur warehouse locations and local 3rd party warehouses
- Serve as a backup for the shipping clerk and receiving clerk.
- Create and develop Standard Operating Procedures and training programs to ensure that the tasks are carried out with safety, quality, and productivity in mind.
- Assist with ERP implementation at other Agropur locations and acts as a subject-matter expert for warehousing operations.
- Responsible for continuous improvement initiatives and creating programs in collaboration with Project Manager and IT. Responsible for giving direction to and approval of IT Applications processes within the department that will streamline warehousing operations and provide cost savings for the organization.
- Responsible for DOT compliance, operational excellence, and equipment maintenance for one over-the-road, short haul driver.
- Work with Production Management to ensure batching and put-away employees are working efficiently and productively with the dockworkers.
- Develop training programs and train and/or direct the training of new warehouse workers. Responsible for the continuous development of warehouse employees. Act as back-up for applicable positions as needed. Proactively review and update the training programs.
- Work with the appropriate people in other departments to manage all the quality-related requirements within the shipping/receiving process; implement process improvements as needed.
- Communicate important information to all employees at beginning of each shift and effective handoff of information to other shifts, such as announcements, safety information, requirements for shift, key priorities for the shift, etc.
- Ensure staffing is appropriate and trained to function in each area for optimal and efficient receipt, shipment, transfer, and fulfillment of products.
- Oversee and ensure GMPs are followed and the overall cleanliness of the warehouse maintained.
- Responsible for ensuring staff and buildings are compliant with FDA/WDA/SQF/NSF regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervisory Responsibilities
- Responsible for employee relations including work direction of employees, hiring, training, performance reviews, administering policies and procedures, disciplinary action, and compensation recommendations.
- Direct implementation of departmental objectives, goals and policies.
- Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization#39;s policies, procedures and guidelines.
- Understand and adhere to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Safety Protocol
- Stop any observed unsafe acts and obey facility safety rules and procedures.
- Correct or report any observed safety hazards.
- Support safety policies and programs.
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.