Supply Chain Logistics
Job Posting Title:
To maintain communications with manager on operational related issues as well as provide customer service for corporate customer accounts. To assist Supply Chain Manager and Branch Manager in all daily, weekly and monthly assignments and otherwise relieve officials of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail. Operate forklift for shipping and receiving as necessary.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Responsible for the administrative organization and coordination of all Corporate Customer accounts by performing the following duties:
- Receives and confirms customer orders while verifying products, quantities, pricing, and delivery dates.
- Composes and distributes customer invoices and bill of ladings.
- Coordinates deliveries and customer pick ups with the Freight and Warehouse departments respectively.
- Provides customer service through phone, computer, and fax communications and assists in resolving customer issues.
Assists management by performing the following duties:
- Enters and edits loadsheets for branch inventory requirements.
- Creates, reviews, implements, and monitors operational budget.
- Composes and types routine correspondences.
- Assists Branch managers with daily operations ensuring accurate completion in a timely manner.
- Maintains communication with all departments regarding operations.
- Computes and verifies weight limits on all transport orders for branches.
- Verifies and processes operational expenses.
- Receives, writes and logs A.A.#39;s.
- Distribution and verification of complete employment and DOT packages.
- Processes all invoices including air shipments and transport drops.
- Conducts, verifies, and distributes product alert research and location for Quality Control.
- Compiles final sales, including cash sales from branches.
- Files correspondence and other records.
- Answers telephone and gives information to callers or routes call to appropriate official and places outgoing calls.
- Assists Zone Managers and Distribution Manager with branch communications and daily tasks.
- Controls inventory flow to distribution centers through transport load management.
- Reviews all DOT files for all distribution centers, and ensures compliance with DOT packages.
- Conducts inventory close-out for all distribution centers.
- Logs, issues and processes purchase orders.
- Assists customers with orders, service and problem solving.
- Coordinates vehicle closeout with branches and corporate offices.
- Makes copies of correspondence or other printed matter.
- Prepares outgoing mail.
Ensure data accuracy with SAP
Pulls, stages and wraps order with no damages.
Insures that staging meets required guidelines (height of pallet, weight distribution, etc.) so as to be loaded correctly on to trailer.
Insures staged pallets are wrapped properly so as to safely arrive at its required destination.
Insures that dates are legible and within "No Shipments" requirements.
Loads and unloads transports.
Stocks and rotates finished and resale product making sure receipt matches product.
Checks forklift and battery daily.
Uses equipment assigned by a supervisor and insures that it is in proper working order.
Reports maintenance problems and hazards to his/her supervisor.
Cleans and organizes area and equipment daily.
Cleans and re-boxes your own damages daily.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, Powerpoint, Access, VAX, and SAP.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Licensed forklift operator.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; talk or hear; and taste or smell. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include ability to adjust focus.