Niman Ranch supports a community of more than 720 independent farmers and ranchers who raise pork, beef and lamb traditionally, humanely and sustainably to deliver the finest tasting meat. Niman Ranch is part of Perdue Farms, a family-owned company heading into it#39;s second century of growth and innovation.
The VP of Sales for Niman Ranch will lead and manage all sales team activity across foodservice, retail, e-commerce and ingredient channels. They will manage and lead engagement with major existing and new customers, develop and deploy focused sales tactics to meet defined company goals and achieve annual operating plan. This position requires collaboration across departments on key projects, development of sales strategies for existing categories and new product launches and work to market and promote Niman Ranch products lines.
This person will ideally be located on the West Coast or near a national airport hub if located elsewhere.
Principal and Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Provide strategic thought leadership for the brand in conjunction with Niman executive team leaders.
- Develop and execute annual sales plan and supporting sales strategies across all channels and products.
- Build and strengthen customer relationships and senior level wiring with key customers.
- Continue to grow the Niman Ranch brand in new markets and with new customers across the country.
- Foster mission-based sales team culture
- Oversee and manage performance of the entire sales team.
- Ensure product category and sales balance goals are met.
- Present information regarding customers, product initiatives and sales in company meetings.
- Innovate new ways to market and sell category, products and the brand.
- Attend all designated company meetings and conferences.
- Assist in strategizing and designing marketing and promotional materials.
- Drive adoption of new and optimize existing tools/data to manage the business. Responsible for managing and enhancing people, process and technology.
Minimum Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree in a business, finance, marketing, or agricultural field, plus a minimum of 10 years of experience in the sales and marketing sector preferred with strong results in driving growth.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Substantial experience in sales within the fresh and/or packaged perishable food business in retail, foodservice (distributors and chefs), and/or national account channels, preferably with growing responsibility and progression with an organization.
- Experience with premium and/or natural protein business.
- Ability to captain a highly diverse group of personalities and make them move in coordination, sometimes with extreme speed.
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced, highly creative and collaborative environment.
- Passionate about Niman Ranch values.
- Strong knowledge of how to identify trends and opportunities and translate them into initiatives that drive growth of the brand.
- Strong teamwork, communication and negotiation abilities.
- Willingness to travel frequently.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Familiarity with Zoom, Slack, Salesforce, Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook.
- Solid motivational and leadership skills.
- Ability to network, interview and hire new team members.
Perdue Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.