The VP, Human Resources reports directly to the President of Michael Foods as a key member of the organization’s Leadership Team (LT). The VP HR is a key contributor to the company’s growth through partnership with the President and LT in the strategy and implementation. The critically important parts of the job are developing the human resources initiatives and programs that support the execution of the strategy, as well as helping to evolve and shape the company’s corporate culture. The Company’s strategic plan provides that the VP HR will lead company efforts to attract, develop and retain passionate team members.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead the development, implementation, and coordination of policies, procedures and programs covering critical HR initiatives including talent acquisition, learning and development, leadership development, compliance, performance management, diversity/inclusion, compensation/incentive plans, communications, and safety leadership.
- Partner closely with Commercial General Manager as well as the functional leaders of Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, IT and R&D to identify human capital needs to meet aggressive long-term strategic growth goals.
- Refine/define HR strategy and build out HR and safety team as appropriate.
- Collaborate and partner with holding company HR organization to analyze, develop and/or modify and ensure compliance with corporate policies and practices related to employee total rewards, succession planning, legal requirements, etc. and align with a shared services model within the holding company.
- Proactively identify leadership and/or talent gaps, development opportunities, and internal mobility options to promote a performance driven approach to managing talent by championing, driving and proactively managing organizational and individual performance processes through robust development plans for senior leaders, succession planning and performance management. Lead the annual talent review process and ensure the Company’s organizational design supports delivery of strategies, plans and commitments.
- Develop and maintain recruitment best practices to build talent through external/internal talent acquisition and company’s brand in the marketplace.
- Serve as trusted advisor, sounding board and business partner to the President and LT, provide coaching and mentoring to drive cultural change and function as the expert on talent and organizational issues.
- Ensure the right culture, processes and measurements are in place to drive the actions required to deliver the company vision.
- Advance the level of employee engagement and support and champion growth, evolution, change, diversity, and inclusion among our employees.
- Acquisition evaluation, diligence & integration in relation to Human Resources
- Organizational design and effectiveness
- Talent Management to include continuous feedback
- Talent retention, development and attraction strategies and plans
- Diversity and inclusion strategies and plans
- Compensation and benefits strategy in conjunction with holding company shared services
- Internal communication
- Company branding in the talent marketplace
- Labor relations strategy
- Compliance with all legal and government reporting regulations affecting HR matters; liaison to holding company ethics and compliance program
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 10+ years of experience in strategic HR leadership role including time with a manufacturing company
- Prior experience with organizational design, workforce planning, performance management and M&A evaluation and execution
- Ability to function at a strategic level but also to execute in a hands-on fashion
- Proven ability to translate strategy and company priorities into actionable HR items
- Experience and success in working with a matrix organization
- Communicator who can clearly and concisely articulate ideas, concepts, and proposals
- Solid leadership experience mandatory
- Project management skills
- Financial acumen: must be capable of conducting quantitative analysis, with a proven ability to work with numbers and financial data
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred
- Cross-functional management experience in Finance and/or Sales/Marketing a plus
- Experience in labor relations/positive employee relations, including union negotiations a plus but not a requirement
**Not open to Recruiters**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature of the work and may not include all the duties associated with this position.