Join Our Community of Food People!
Financial leader overseeing $4.5+ billion dollars of sales. Key business partner for the Region President, region leadership team and area teams as well as support office functional teams. Responsible for leadership of area finance teams within the region and activities including financial planning & analysis and control activities. Partners with multiple functional area leads to achieve area, region and company goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Function as business partner to the region and Area Presidents, assess region performance of all functional areas against annual plan (AOP) and forecast. Partner with functions to achieve AOP and develop recommendations and initiate corrective action as needed.
1) Leads Area Finance Teams
- Direct oversight of area finance leaders at remote locations.
- Ensures daily, monthly and quarterly responsibilities are being met.
- Trains, coaches, and develops field finance leaders to continuously increase talent level within the organization.
2) Planning & Forecasting
- Leads annual plan and monthly forecast development for the region.
- Ensures completion of planning and forecasting are accurate and on-time.
- Works with cross-functional teams and functional leadership (i.e. Sales, Supply Chain, Merchandising, Margin) to develop targets and action plans to achieve company financial objectives.
- Identifies and communicates risks and opportunities, both short term and long term, and develop plans with regional functional leaders to mitigate risks.
- Presents plans and forecasts to senior leaders.
3) Decision Support/ Analysis
- Drives analysis for projects and business opportunities within the region working with region, area and support office staff.
i. Expansions/ fold-outs/ closures
iii. Major customer moves
iv. New customers, supply-chain projects, selling and admin, etc.
- Completes executive level presentations to communicate recommendations and gains alignment on decisions and strategies. Works with support office to develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Region President and region/area teams and make actionable recommendations on both strategy and operation.
4) Drives Business Results
- Partners with region and area leaders to achieve AOP and optimize working capital, including facilitation of gap closing activity plan development and tracking.
- Assists in driving profitable case growth and enhancing profitability through:
i. Review and provide guidance for all large local MDAs to assist in driving profitable case growth
ii. Review and provide guidance for upfront customer incentives per the BOA to ensure profitable revenue growth
iii. Review area marketing initiatives and TM promotions to provide guidance on qualifications and potential effectiveness
iv. Enhance margins through implementation of region-wide initiatives.
- Reviews daily and/or weekly results from Tableau dashboards, analyzes data, provides insightful explanations of variances / trends and drivers, and partners with functions to improve as applicable. Oversees inventory adjustment routine and partners on initiatives to optimize inventory
5) Establishes and Maintains Controls
- Responsible for all region SOx controls.
- Ensures completion of SOx period certification questionnaires and quarterly evidencing. Fluctuation analysis at the market/Area level to ensure integrity of company financial results.
- In conjunction with Internal Audit, ensures completion of quarterly area management representation letter process and assesses the risks identified for senior leadership.
- Partners with support office in the development and implementation of company policies and procedures.
6) Key Financial Leader for the Region
- Communicates monthly and quarterly financial results to region and support office personnel.
- Provides financial support to the Region President and assists regional personnel with financial information and business support as needed, for sound decision making.
- Works with area and region leadership, Shared Business Services and support office to improve area/region profitability and drive area/region/company initiatives.
- Gains thorough understanding of operating results and drivers to facilitate monthly area and regional business review process including quarterly presentations to senior leadership
- Actively leads Finance teams and partners with other functions to engrain continuous improvement capabilities and culture
7) M&A support (as applicable)
- Participates in the financial due diligence and modeling of any potential acquisitions.
- Provides post acquisition support for integration activities, opening balance sheet, inventory etc.
Travel up to 50% required
Area Finance Directors
Internal : Region President, Region Functional Leaders, Area Presidents, Area Senior Staff, Finance Directors, cross-functional Support Office staff
External: External auditors, customers, vendors
Education/Training : Bachelor#39;s Degree in Finance, Accounting or related area required. MBA or CPA preferred. Foodservice or food industry background preferred.
Related Experience : Minimum of 10 years finance/accounting experience required and must include team leadership, P&L results/levers understanding & management, financial planning, developing actionable insights from results/trends, and summarizing key business results for leadership. Deep knowledge of finance, SOX, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles. Prior experience in managing a multi-site finance team preferred.
***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***