Mizkan America, Inc.
Location: Kansas City
Job Title: VINEGAR PROCESSOR OPERATOR
Reports To: Bulk Supervisor
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Backup: Vinegar Process Operator
COMMENTS: This job description reflects assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
SUMMARY: The Vinegar Processor Operator is responsible for producing and moving liquid mixes in a safe and sanitary manner utilizing pumps, hoses, piping, etc. in order to meet production and shipping schedules.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review production schedule to determine quantity and type of vinegar to produce.
- Initiate startup, preparing equipment and materials, monitor and shut down each phase of batch operation.
- Make routine field inspections of the tanks, pumps meters, valves, lines and motors to assure that all systems in the process are in working order.
- Troubleshoot abnormal conditions and notify appropriate personnel as situation dictates.
- Monitor production processes through system, determine problems and make adjustments t maintain desired operating conditions.
- Conduct periodic laboratory analysis to monitor processes and log results.
- Conduct cleaning procedures inside and outside of tanks and all work areas.
- Receive raw materials, test samples and unload/load liquid bulk shipments.
- Complete production reports and certificates of analysis.
- Monitor weekly inventories of raw materials and finished product. Participate in month end cycle counts.
- Ability to work overtime and occasionally rotating weekends.
- Follow safety rules and keep work area in a clean and orderly condition.
- Responsible for food product quality and safety.
- Responsible for flushing, and/or cleaning of tanks, equipment, containers and utensils as required.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent, required.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Use calculator, hoist, intoxilyzer, titrator, agitator, spectrophotometer, personal computer, Sit forklift and common hand tools such as a screw driver and hammer.
- Perform calculations and maintain accurate records of activities.
- Must be able to work without close supervision.
- Must be able to climb ladders and handle heights.
- Must be able to perform on call duty on any shift and work overtime, on short notice basis. Long-term, temporary assignments to any shift any shift may be required to maintain manufacturing processes.
- Continuous standing, walking and reaching.
- Intermittent crouching/stooping, pushing/pulling, bending and lifting/lowering.
- Frequent lifting up to 50 pounds without assistance, or up to 100 pounds with assistance.
- Ability to work in a continuously hot environment.
- Duties are performed with some exposure to noise, lubricants and chemicals. May also work in area that are confined, dusty, and dirty or require personal protective equipment.