Let’s just cut to the chase. You are looking for an opportunity that will set you up for a lifetime of success and financial security. I have just that opportunity for the right person.
I spent the last 20+ years building a very successful food ingredient company. I started in my garage in California and with a lot of hard work and sacrifice, with the help of my amazing team, I have built a multi-million dollar business.
I am looking for somebody with impeccable integrity, focus, drive, determination, and the leadership skills to take my team to new heights.
As the Vice President/General Manager (VP/GM) you will be responsible for delivering top and bottom-line business goals, high-growth strategies, build brand equity, lead the delivery of breakthrough products and service innovation, elevate customer experiences, communication, P&L, cost efficiency and above all drive sales.
The VP/GM will have a deep understanding of our customers, competition, market trends, and emerging opportunities. You will lead a high-performing, agile organization that is able to continuously adapt in an ever-changing environment. You will lead talent development, and effectively leverage individuals’ strengths and foster a culture of leadership and perseverance from every chair.
THIS IS HOW YOU MAKE IT HAPPEN:
I. PERSERVE GLOBAL BRAND EQUITY
- Own and protect the unique equity (DNA) as defined by Icon Foods.
- Infuse creative inspiration into every element of the Icon Foods customer experience.
II. SHAPE AND EXECUTE A WINNING GROWTH STRATEGY
- Responsible for delivering top and bottom-line business goals and results
- Lead strategic market and portfolio analysis, identifying growth opportunities.
- Effectively communicate the brand strategy of where to play, how to win, shape sales strategies while actively leading alignment across all departments.
- Communicate and cascade the brand plan. Ensure delivery of current year business and financial results as well as 3-year LRP that will ensure topline growth through new business models/channel opportunities.
- Execute the brand strategy to achieve sales and profitability goals with stealthy excellence
- Drive and leverage pricing power. Maximize pricing power recognizing the pricing corridors and carefully manage and maximize margins.
- Identify, build, and develop essential capabilities to deliver results while remaining agile.
- Identify future trends in products, packaging, and conceptual innovation, and communicate all information in timely manner to team.
- Leverage internal capabilities to achieve agility and speed to market.
III.DRIVE THE TRANSFORMATION INTO A DIGITAL-FIRST ORGANIZATION
- Implement a winning marketing and communications strategy that maximizes customer engagement; earned media value and leverages the Icon Foods differential competitive advantage.
- Influence marketing practices and processes—both traditional and social—to execute with agility across a rapidly-evolving media terrane.
IV. OPTIMIZE RESOURCE ALLOCATION CHOICES WITH AGILITY FOR VALUE CREATION
- Leverage resource allocation choices to achieve sustainable, long-term results in sales and profit, while maximizing efficient use of capital.
- Leverage the MFP category planning process and Account Segmentation principles to build effective account plans that drive category objectives.
- Create value by leveraging integrated planning processes (new product launches, marketing planning process, demand planning, inventory management, COGS, IP, sales effectiveness, returns, A&P optimization, and Risk Management).
- Ensure consistency of implementation of pricing, portfolio assortment, marketing calendar and media strategy. Facilitate intra-regional communication, innovation, and best practices.
V. DEMONSTRATE LEADERSHIP BEHAVIORS AND DEVELOP TALENT
- Build and lead an efficient organizational structure that executes with excellence.
- Model high standards of good decision-making and judgment, collaboration, agility, and accountability.
- Hire and develop the best people for skills and culture.
- Actively lead and engage in talent development to create high-performing talent throughout the company.
- Encourage leadership and creativity from every chair, leveraging individual strengths and leveraging all levels of talent.
- Oversee partnership with distributors, if applicable, to ensure best people are in place in each market.
VI. CHAMPION AND STEWARD
- Develop and maintain a unique brand culture as defined by the brand while representing Icon Foods in everything you do.
- Act responsibly—a business imperative that requires dedicated leadership and planning as well as thoughtful management of the economic, environmental and social impacts throughout our entire value chain.
- Be the example and ensure best-in-class compliance and corporate governance by creating and sustaining a culture of ethics and integrity.
THIS IS WHAT YOU ARE MADE OF:
- College degree with a minimum of 10 years related experience in food ingredient sales and manufacturing in the CPG sector.
- Proficiency in food science, research, and development.
- Familiarity with the common vernacular within food technology.
- Prior experience in the food ingredient industry a must.
- Prior experience with the implementation of ERP and/or Warehouse Management System (WMS) desirable.
- Successful track record delivering on budgetary and operational goals.
- Well-rounded GM with solid experience in brand building, innovation, and P&L management.
- Well versed in social/digital media platforms and strategies.
- Highly developed leadership skills with the ability to build, lead and develop a team as well as effectively lead change management.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate company needs as well as provide the team with a clear framework of the strategic priorities
- Ability to effectively collaborate within the organization as well as with customers and vendor partners
- Lead and direct the activities of management personnel to ensure achievement of company and supplier sales and objectives.
- Direct the execution of the business plan to achieve financial objectives for assigned market.
- Develop and manage productive supplier and customer relationships.
- Organize the structure and utilization of management personnel in assigned areas and ensure that all positions are appropriately staffed to achieve company and supplier objectives.
- Utilize assigned resources and leverage back-channel resources (individuals or teams) to achieve or exceed planned outcomes.
- Champion key initiatives such as the ERP and CRM implementation and deployment.
- Provide oversight to other functional areas within the region. Understand the major responsibilities, accountabilities, and organization of the company’s sales and operations functions as well as sales and warehouse information systems.
- Attract, develop and retain management team. Identify and develop candidates for succession planning across the company.
- Work with teams to set objectives and gain commitment to achieving the objectives. Serve as a proactive leader to guide and motivate teams on their achievement.
- As an influential member of the senior management team, motivate and lead a diverse group of leaders to ensure continuous development and growth.
- Establish priorities and challenge teams to constantly maintain and improve company standards.
- Convey knowledge of key customer’s business operations and the ability to coordinate multiple and diverse options for selling the company’s products to each.
- Focus on continuous improvements and make recommendations to improve the business and operations.
- Interact regularly with the Icon Foods leadership team and individual department heads to ensure that the company’s operational priorities are aligned with the company direction.
- This position will have supervisory responsibilities including hiring, selecting, corrective action, terminating, and employee relation issues; financial/budget forecasting and budgeting.
If you have accepted this challenge, we are keen to see a few lines about why you think you are a good fit and “your why” behind your desire to step into this role.
There were a lot of fancy words weaved into the fabric of this job description but, simply put I am looking for somebody with the heart of a lion and the keen judgement of a wolf. Show me who you are.
Currently vaccinated is a requirement of employment with our company.