VICE PRESIDENT OF TRANSPORTATION & LOGISTICS MONOGRAM FOOD SOLUTIONS, LLC
As a member of the senior management team, the VP of Transportation & Logistics is functionally responsible for all internal and external transportation and warehousing activities for Monogram Food Solutions, LLC and for each of its wholly owned subsidiaries. This position is based at the Companys Support Center in Memphis, Tennessee.
Role of the VP of Transportation & Logistics:
The VP of T&L acts as the subject matter expert for all transportation and warehousing activities and serves as an advisor to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and Executive team and other senior managers of Monogram Foods. The qualified person has the responsibility and obligation to ensure Monogram is in compliance with all national and international transport and food safety regulations and upholds Monograms high standards of excellence. The VP of T&L will ensure products are received, stored and transported at the lowest possible cost while executing best in class service levels for a wide range of food customers.
This position has a significant responsibility to anticipate incremental and long-term storage and transport needs for multiple business segments. The chosen individual will lead a team of nearly 100 direct and indirect individuals across the United States.
Leadership: Transform and develop a team culture consistent with Monograms values to become recognized for their safety practices, engagement, executional excellence and process-honoring behaviors. Collaboration amongst supply chain leadership and successfully managing across all internal functions is a must.
Continuous Improvement/Process Implementation: Develop best-in-class logistics, warehousing and inventory business processes capable of ensuring consistent delivery of goods, minimize stock outs and consistently improve on time delivery results exceeding customers expectations.
Strategy: Develop and implement multi-year strategies for transportation management and warehouse storage/handling objectives consistent with Monograms documented strategy.
Third-Party Supplier Management: Recommend, negotiate and select from a vast range of third-party providers for transportation and external warehouse storage needs aligning with the strategic growth of the business. Directing and managing external providers to achieve scorecard/metric expectations will require significant time to ensure accountability and meet continuous improvement cost/service expectations.
Technology: Initiate and implement a Warehouse Management System (WMS) and Transportation Management System (TMS) in conjunction with Monograms IT function to successfully advance process execution and efficiency throughout the supply chain.
Special Projects: Undertakes special projects as assigned dependent upon knowledge or experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in the associated job duties and essential functions; Minimum 7 years’ of leadership experience, with at least 5 years of senior management/executive experience.
- BS/BA degree in Transportation, Logistics, Supply Chain or related field from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in supply chain is a plus.
- Experience with a private company or large business unit, preferably with complex manufacturing footprint.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with food safety regulations and food logistics operations in a multi-temperature storage and shipping environment.
- Experience in business turnaround situations at a significant growth pace.
- Experience in an environment recognized for driving continuous improvement and operational excellence.
- Transportation and warehousing compliance knowledge and experience for food storage and handling operations.
- Warehouse design and corresponding equipment utilization experience.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite or related software and basic data analytics.
- Experience with a WMS, TMS and broad knowledge of transit tracking systems.
- Key Competencies
- Business acumen
- Communication skills
- Integrity and ethics
- Management skills (including ability to involve and coordinate internal and external resources, as well as delegate and supervise)
- Transportation/Logistics knowledge and expertise
Reporting Relationship Reports to the Chief Supply Chain Officer and a member of the Senior Management Team.
Geographic Location Based in Memphis, Tennessee headquarters of Monogram. Some travel to various Monogram locations is required on an as-needed basis.