Grocery Manufacturers Association (GMA) is recognized as a leading authority and strong advocate for the broad adoption of consumer-friendly nutrition, health and labeling policies and practices in the CPG industry.
We seek a nutrition and health policy leader who will:
- Effectively engage with GMA member representatives at all levels -- provide leadership on strategic policy level concerns as well as assistance with the tactical decision-making and problem-solving that members face in complying with current regulations and standards.
- Set Goals, lead strategy development, define action plans, and ensure consistent execution on all current work -- work effectively across functions within the association to ensure maximum value for effort -- deliver positive results and outcomes to benefit CPG industry consumers.
- Monitor the regulatory policy landscape to identify, raise and address emerging issues -- keep members informed and engaged in finding solutions.
- Manage the delivery of technical services to GMA members in the areas of product labeling assistance, interpretation of regulations, and application of standards in nutrition, health and product labeling.
- Partner with appropriate external research organizations when appropriate.
- Build a team of experts to address nutrition, health and labeling regulations and standards for the CPG industry now and in the future -- develop junior level professionals and fully engage senior level contributors effectively.
The best candidates for this exciting leadership opportunity will possess:
- A broad network of contacts in the CPG industry; NGOs; federal, state and international regulatory agencies; public health organizations; and, relevant trade organizations, media, and academia.
- A track record of leading and/or actively participating in collaborative, coalition-based work with a strong voice in nutrition and health regulatory policy development and implementation.
- Exceptional communication skills -- the ability to translate complex scientific issues into easily understood information paired with the ability to work effectively with a diverse audience.
- Credentials that demonstrate strong technical understanding and scientific underpinning in the nutrition and health policy arena. At a minimum this will include a Master's Level academic degree in a related area.
- A minimum of 10 years of work experience in public health policy and/or applied nutrition that reflects growth and readiness for a broad leadership role. Work experience inside the CPG industry is strongly preferred.
If you would like to be considered, please submit your resume or C.V.