Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that’s First in Food.
The purpose of the Tanker bay person is to transfer all edible liquid egg meeting USDA and Company specifications for final distribution. They are responsible for monitoring and documenting all tanks and tankers ensuring all vessels are cleaned and sanitized. This position is also cross-trained in the duties and responsibilities of the inedible tanker bay, ensuring proper removal of shells and inedible product. Proper procedures must be followed and accurate checks and records must be kept. This person must follow all company and USDA standards and ensure all tankers and vessels are monitored and documented to meet those standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
As Edible Tanker Bay Person:
- Coordinates with USDA all tanker cleaning and transfers of liquid egg for shipment.
- Check the paperwork accompanying the tanker.
- Document on the Tanker Receiving Log – the date product is received, the product you are receiving, if the product is raw or pasteurized the USDA Certificate number, the person receiving the load, the company receiving the load from, and the total number of pounds of product receiving.
- Document and inspect the physical condition of the incoming tanker for – cleanliness, temperature and smell- and take corrective action as needed.
- Take a sample to the lab for testing.
- Control flow of egg via computer panel & associated flow boards & piping in the old and new silo areas.
- Set up transfers by hooking a sanitized unloading hose to the tail end of the tanker and unload the product to the proper silo or tank.
- Ensure empty tanks and tankers are cleaned by the Clean in Place (CIP) System.
- Communicate with the Cooked Department all edible egg transfers.
- Mix liquid egg product with ingredients.
- Assist in coordinating tanker shipments.
- Control the bulk receiving of chemicals.
- Ensure general good housekeeping for the area.
- Control the flow of inedible egg product to the inedible tanker bay.
- Assist in other areas as needed including working in mixing room mixing product as needed.
As Inedible Tanker Bay Person:
- Monitor augers and machinery in the shell room, ensuring they are working properly.
- Monitor all chemical pumps, ensuring they are filled and working properly.
- Ensure general good housekeeping for the area, clean transfer room floors and machinery and empty bad egg barrels.
- Clean tankers.
- Data entry and the paperwork required of the position.
- Fill in at all positions in the transfer room as needed.
- Expected to adhere to safe work practices becoming of a VPP Star worksite, follow GMP and HACCP guidelines, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained in order to maintain SQF Level 3 certification. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
* Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) Certification
* Driver’s license
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Specific skills and abilities required that are not included in other sections:
- Should have approximately 1-year experience in the Breaking Department with cross training in the tanker bay area under close supervision. This person should have knowledge of production flow, mixing, USDA and Company standards, and the CIP system, along with the tanker bay area.
- Strong mechanical ability.
- Good reading and writing skills with the ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work well with others and have good communication skills.
- Follow Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s) and Safety Regulations and wear the proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) for the area.
- Ability to work in wet environment with changing temperatures, working indoors and out.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. safely.
- Follow Lock Out/Tag Out and Confined Space Entry procedures.
- Ability to climb unto tankers using a safety harness.
- Ability to work with chemicals safely.
- Ability to obtain Powered Industrial Truck (PIT) certification.
- The equivalent combination of education and experience to successfully perform the essential duties.
Ability to operate specific equipment or tools