Schedule: Flexible Scheduling Options Available; Max 28 hours per week.
We ask that candidates be available for Saturday and/or Sunday shifts.
Rate of Pay: $15.61 per hour
Shift Differential Available:
- $0.50 per hour for shifts starting after 12:00pm
- $0.75 per hour for shifts starting after 8:00pm
From the bluffs of the Mississippi River in Winona, Minnesota, The Watkins Company has been crafting award-winning gourmet products since 1868. Known for world-famous Vanilla Extracts, Cinnamon and Black Pepper, Watkins products have been family favorites for generations. As a leader in gourmet flavoring, The Watkins Company continues to be innovative in categories including the All Natural Baking Vanilla Extract, Organic Extracts, Organic Spices & Dry Seasoning Mixes, and natural Baking Decorations & Food Coloring that do not contain artificial dyes.
The Watkins Company has an opening for a Part Time, Utility, located in our Winona, MN location. The duties and responsibilities include, but not limited to the following:
- Unpacks and feeds bottles, jars, and other containers to be filled on manual, semiautomatic, or automatic production line.
- Applies labels to container and/or wraps products, either manually or by operating semi-automatic equipment.
- Assembles, sorts, counts, weighs, and boxes filled containers.
- Places fitments, caps, protectors, dividers, platforms, and other parts on or in bottles, jars, or boxes.
- Ensures proper count and palatalizes packaged cases.
- Inspects feed materials, products, and components on the front end for quality and appearance.
- Inspects finished materials, components, products, and containers on the back end for quality and appearance; advises machine operators of any deficiencies.
- Assists with changeover of lines by filling labels, bundling wrap, caps, bottles, and boxes.
- Performs general housekeeping and cleanup on and around lines during downtime and at the end of runs as required.
Our ideal candidate will have at minimum:
- High School Diploma or GED and demonstrate applicable reading and math skills.
- The ability to adapt to changing working environments.
- Strong problem solving skills and utilize deductive reasoning to evaluate solutions.
In addition to working in a strategic, dynamic and collaborative work environment, with a tight knit team, The Watkins Company offers a flexible scheduling option to work with individuals availability.
The Watkins Company is an equal opportunity employer.