Job Title: Utilities Technicians – 1st, 2nd & 3rd Shifts
Location: Mocksville, NC
Wage: Based on experience
Job Classification: Full-time with benefits
Relocation Assistance available if needed
JOB SUMMARY: Perform preventive maintenance as scheduled to avoid unplanned equipment breakdowns on facility refrigeration system. Install, troubleshoot, and repair various types of equipment in facility. Responsible for maintaining all facility systems including refrigeration, hydraulics, compressed air, water, and steam. Responsible for maintaining buildings and grounds around facility.
1. Maintain entire ammonia system including valve gangs, evaporators, vessels, compressors, etc.
2. Observe and record temperatures and pressures as required.
3. Observe and maintain air compressors and dryers.
4. Maintain water systems including pumps, reverse osmosis units, and softeners.
5. Maintain steam system including steam boilers/generators, de-aerator tanks, strainers, and pumps.
6. Install, operate, troubleshoot, repair, or replace hydraulic or pneumatic components, which include motors, pumps, rams, valves, fittings, etc.
7. Working with stainless steel or other metals cut and weld to fabricate equipment as required.
8. Variety of pipefitting and plumbing, work with PVC, galvanized, black and stainless pipe up to 4” dia.
9. Job requires frequent bending, lifting, and twisting, climbing, working in tight places, etc.
10. Keep compressor rooms and related areas cleaned.
11. Perform HAZMAT duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS: Must be able to stand, walk, and climb stairs and ladders, up to 8 hours per day. Must be able to lift heavy objects. Must meet Maintenance Technician Back & Task requirements. Must pass pulmonary fitness test. Must pass Company math test. Must complete power jack/ forklift training course, Lock Out/ Tag Out and Hazard Communication training courses. Must be a mechanically inclined individual. Must have basic knowledge of pumps and compressors. Must be capable of operating basic shop tools and machines. Must be capable of working as a team and as an individual. A desire to learn Industrial Ammonia Refrigeration is a must.
All employment offers are contingent on the passing of a pre-employment physical and drug test.
About Brakebush Brothers, Inc.:
Since 1925, our privately owned and U.S. operated family business fulfils its mission to exceed customer expectations with quality chicken products at competitive prices and provide a safe and quality work environment for our employees, consisting of competitive wages, great benefits and optimum working conditions.
Brakebush Brothers, Inc. currently has four locations. Our original plant in Westfield, WI is a further processing plant that houses the corporate offices and our fleet, Brakebush Transportation, Inc. Our Wells, MN and Mocksville, NC are additional further processing facilities and the Irving, TX location is a raw portioning operation. Through high capacity production lines and a national distribution network, we provide over 200 products for Foodservice, Industrial and National accounts across the United States.
Brakebush takes pride in continuous improvement, learning and development of our employees at all levels, employee wellness initiatives and ongoing support of our community and charities.
We offer amazing benefits:
Medical/Dental/Vision, Flex Spending Account, Vacation and Holiday Time, 401(k) with Company Match, Life and AD&D Insurance, Tuition Reimbursement. Optional Additional Benefits: Short/Long Term Disability, Accidental Death Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Supplemental Life Insurance, Telemedicine Services – Doctor and Nurse Line.
AAP/EEO Statement: Brakebush Brothers, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in our hiring, training, or promotion policies. We will not discriminate against job applicants or employees for reasons of race, religion, color, sex, handicap, age, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by law.