Aspire Bakeries is a North American baking company with a leadership position in specialty frozen baked goods. Formed from leading bakery companies, its innovative food portfolio includes breads, artisan breads, buns, cookies, donuts, muffins and pastries from beloved brands likeLa Brea Bakery,Otis Spunkmeyer, andOakrun Farm Bakery. With 15bakeries in North America, we are committed to driving innovation, predicting upcoming consumer trends and flavors, and exceeding our customers expectations. Aspire Bakeries champions the values of Integrity, Ownership, Customer Focus, Creativity and Care to help us deliver on People Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Collaboration.
The Utilities Operator will maintain and operate plant to meet the company s production goals.
The Utilities Operator is responsible for all activities involving maintenance and operation of the plant utilities inclusive of the following: ammonia refrigeration system, frozen packaged units and HVAC, high and low pressure steam boiler systems, thermal oil process boiler systems, hot water generator, thermal oxidizer, compressed air systems, electrical distribution, building sprinkler systems and all supporting equipment.
- Job responsibilities should be in bullet point form with a maximum of 10. Include 85% of position priorities.
- Maintains the following equipment: Ammonia refrigeration system, Freon packaged refrigeration units and building heating and air conditioning equipment, high and low pressure steam boiler systems, thermal oil process boiler systems, hot water generator, thermal oxidizer, compressed air systems, electrical distribution equipment, building sprinkler systems, and any other supporting equipment as directed by management.
- Performs duties as assigned by the Utilities Supervisor, Systems Area Lead and/or Maintenance Supervisor
- Insures continuous operation of all the facility utility systems and peripheral equipment to support the requirements of the production schedule and facility conditions. This requires proper coordination of all operations and maintenance utilities equipment.
- Coordinates both internal and external resources for maintenance of the facility.
- Assists in the development of all environmental programs required from local, state, and federal agencies.
- Assists in the recordkeeping and training requirements for all components of the Process Safety Management/Risk (PSM/RMP management plans to achieve compliance with state and federal guidelines.
- Provides technical analysis and services to provide real-time data on the status of refrigeration and operational equipment.
- Takes a leadership role on the emergency response team in the event of release of hazardous chemicals.
- Maintains boiler cooling tower chemistry to insure safe and proper boiler operation. Works with the water treatment supplier to assure the equipment is operating correctly.
- Assures the ammonia compressors are operating safely and efficiently to reduce energy consumption.
- Performs preventative maintenance on equipment to maintain in good working condition.
- Troubleshoots electrical, mechanical, hydraulics, pneumatics, and plumbing.
- Utilizes drawings, technical records and vendor diagrams to complete Preventative Maintenance documents (PM s) related to machine overhauls and repairs.
- Handles maintenance emergencies as required.
- Completes duties in accordance with quality assurance, Good Manufacturing Practices, safety and other company programs and procedures, and in accordance with government codes and regulations.
- Maintains clean, organized and safe work area, including wiping and washing equipment and tools; sweeping and mopping floors; trash removal.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Works to maintain and improve on the quality, legality and safety of each product and the processes used in their manufacture. Responsible for keeping assigned work area clean and tidy at all times and reporting any potential contamination and suspicious activity to a Supervisor immediately.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- Analytical - Uses intuition and experience to complement data.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Technical Skills Uses technical expertise appropriate to situation; shares expertise with others.
- Interpersonal - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming others; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control.
- Team Work - Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views.
- Cost Consciousness - Conserves organizational resources.
- Ethics - Treats people with respect; keeps commitments; works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; supports organization's goals and values. Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; arrives at meetings on time.
- Dependability - Follows written and oral instructions; responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; completes tasks on time.
- Initiative - Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Motivation - Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity - Meets productivity standards; completes work in timely manner; strives to increase productivity.
- Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; reports potentially unsafe conditions; uses equipment and materials properly.
Skills, Experience & Qualifications
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Knowledge of equipment set-up, functions, operating procedures and preventative maintenance techniques.
- Basic knowledge in programmable logic controllers (PLCs) preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of industrial utility systems.
- Demonstrated knowledge and application of best practices in maintenance and safety management.
- Knowledge of FDA regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), sanitation processes/procedures and HACCP.
- Knowledge of state and federal regulatory requirements as related to plant and utilities systems operations, safety and environmental agencies.
- Knowledge of best available energy management practices and procedures.
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude, including the ability to disassemble and reassemble equipment
- Math Ability - Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to interpret graphs and diagrams.
- Reasoning Ability - Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Experience working in a maintenance department, preferably in an automated food processing plant.
- Ability to read and interpret work orders, operating manuals and maintenance instructions in English. Ability to complete forms detailing maintenance work performed.
- Oral Communication - Listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; participates in meetings.
- Knowledge of computerized maintenance management software, Windows, and Microsoft Office.
- Requires state of New Jersey licenses for operation of hazardous refrigeration and high pressure steam systems. Requires valid driver s license.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed required to work near moving mechanical parts. The employee is frequently exposed to wet or humid conditions (non-weather). The employee is occasionally exposed to extreme heat or cold (non-weather), and to rapid changes in temperature. The employee must be able to tolerate a work environment that contains flour dust. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate but can get loud.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to be standing or walking nearly 100% of the time, including occasional walking on uneven ground. Hand and finger movement is required frequently to manipulate hand tools, parts and equipment. The employee is occasionally required to smell. The employee is expected to frequently carry tools or equipment up to 25 pounds; and to twist, bend and stoop in conjunction with lifting up to 50 pounds with the aid of co-workers. Frequent flexing, extending and turning of the neck and head are required. With the aid of co-workers, the employee is expected to occasionally push/pull equipment on wheels up to 75 to 200 pounds approximately 75 feet. The employee is occasionally required to climb ladders up to 25 feet.
- This position requires employee to have adequate communicating and observational skills, including seeing, speaking and hearing, due to the operation of various types of moving equipment used in the bakery. These requirements are for the safety of the employee and co-workers. These requirements are also necessary for collecting and distributing information to staff, and communicating with co-workers. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception and color vision.
We thank each applicant for taking the time and effort to submit your resume, however, only candidates to be interviewed will be contacted. Our organization is committed to promoting the independence, dignity, integration, and equality of opportunity of persons with disabilities by ensuring the accessibility of our facilities and services. Accommodations are available for all parts of the recruitment and selection process. Applicants need to make their required accommodations known in advance.