We are offering a $750* Hiring Bonus to candidates that apply between February 1, 2021 and March 27, 2021 and who are hired by March 28, 2021.
*Bonus amount is a gross amount and would be paid out in following paycheck 90 days after hire.
Responsible for the supervision of a wide variety of maintenance related activities in support of plant production operations, including the direction and coordination of activities of staff engaged in repair, maintenance, and installation of process machines and related equipment in the plant.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities this includes the following, and other duties may be assigned
1. Ensure assigned process systems & ancillary equipment are operating properly to service needs. Take corrective action to reduce downtime while ensuring food safety considerations are achieved.
2. Ensure all work performed meets a high standard of workmanship & conforms to applicable codes & regulations. Continually evaluate the needs of the production maintenance department for the plant.
3. Work with Engineering/Maintenance Manager to ensure the appropriate staff numbers and expertise match the schedule of plant operations. Review work orders to determine work priorities, as applies to shift or assigned area of responsibility.
4. Work to implement and manage preventive maintenance system that supports the various production operations. Responsible for recommending level of spare parts for equipment and systems that support production activities.
5. Assist in recruiting/developing staff to provide necessary skills to support the production maintenance. Continue to access skill levels and recommend developmental activities or training as appropriate.
6. Team member for installation of equipment, including working with Corporate Engineering, and coordinating activities between contractors, equipment suppliers and department personnel. Assist in identifying projects & costs for capital budget. Work to ensure a good team effort with the maintenance side of the department.
7. Play an active role and place a high priority on maintaining plant safety effort. Interviews, hires, and trains new employees; plan, assign, and direct work; appraise performance; reward and discipline employees; address complaints and resolve problems.
The ideal candidate will be proactive and dynamic, flexible and receptive to new ideas, down to earth and pragmatic, analytical and attentive to detail. He or she will also be capable of working independently in adherence to regulations, of managing stress and remaining calm under pressure, and be able to demonstrate an inquiring mind and well-developed observational skills. Will demonstrate a sense of responsibility and high professional standards, honesty and integrity, and objectivity. Possess values of ambition and engagement, with simplicity.
We offer competitive wages and excellent benefits in a clean and stable work environment. Post-offer drug screens and background checks are conducted. Lactalis American Group is an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action Employer. We are an E-Verify participant. Must be at least 18 years old. Veterans encouraged to apply!
- 2 Year Associate Degree Preferred, and 3 years experience in Maintenance Setting as a manager preferred.
- Mechanical, and electrical trouble shooting skills required.
- Familiar with Boilers, Air Compressors, Ammonia Compressors, Water Systems, PSM and RPM Programs.