Our Tax Team is on a journey to build and enhance capabilities in order to align with our business’ needs and support our organization. Our work will drive profitable growth, mitigate risk and enable us to support innovation for the enterprise.
The U.S. International Tax Senior Associate – Compliance and Modeling will be responsible for supporting General Mills’ international tax compliance and modeling work, working with teammates in the U.S. and abroad to design, implement, and maintain international tax calculations for provision, planning, and compliance purposes. Furthermore, the international tax senior associate will be responsible for supporting the U.S. International Tax Group’s financial reporting and tax audit responsibilities.
In the International Tax Senior Associate role, you will also support the North American tax team with its U.S. accounting and compliance reporting initiatives as they relate to U.S. international tax calculations. In addition, you will work alongside General Mills’ accounting, IT, and FP&A teams to improve General Mills’ tax data flows. This role requires you to navigate the complexity of the U.S. tax rules as they relate to General Mills’ global presence.
- Assist in the design, implementation, and maintenance of General Mills’ U.S. international tax model, including data inputs, calculations, and outputs
- Research, analyze, interpret and apply outbound US international tax laws and principles in accordance with updating the tax model
- Coordinate and collaborate with external tax and IT advisors on various U.S. and local tax issues and processes
- Review, assist, and provide technical expertise with regards to international income tax compliance (Forms 1118, 5471, 8865, 8858, disclosures, and related forms and calculations.)
- Assist with tax accounting work related to the reporting of the U.S. international tax function.
- Perform tax research and legislative analysis for U.S. and global tax matters
- Assist local country controllers and global tax teams with local tax and U.S. tax reporting issues, including US tax impact
- Analyze and assist with cross functional projects (business transformation, IT initiatives, etc.)
- Support International Tax Managers in the Modeling and Compliance functional in all international tax and US international tax activities
- Direct and review the work of external vendors that assist in tax modeling and compliance work
- Assist with identifying the information necessary from finance, business operations, IT, and accounting for tax modeling and compliance purposes
- Collaborate with transfer pricing team to understand intercompany transactions and data to be used in tax modeling and compliance
- Closely collaborate with other tax teams, functional teams, global and regional business units, and sector teams when appropriate
- Interact with external parties such as auditors, consultants, and tax compliance advisors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 3 years of related experience
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- A Detailed understanding of international tax and US international tax concepts, including E&P, Subpart F, FDII, and Foreign Tax Credit models
- Experience with tax return software, including Corptax and/or Onesource
- Intermediate international tax FAS109 knowledge
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid project management skills
- Ability to establish priorities of work assignments
- Ability to risk assess in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Ability to extract, analyze, and review data
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills. Ability to plan and organize non-routine tasks.
- CPA, JD, or Equivalent
- Experience with ERP system reporting, including SAP, HFM, and BEX reporting
- Experience with PowerBI, Alteryx, or other data transformation processes
- Experience in consumer foods industry
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.