Our Tax Team is on a journey to build and enhance capabilities in order to align with our business’ needs and support our organization. Our work will drive profitable growth, mitigate risk and enable us to support innovation for the enterprise.
The U.S. International Tax Manager – Planning will be responsible for General Mills’ international tax planning function, working with teammates in the U.S. and abroad to design, implement, and execute tax planning structures. Furthermore, the international tax manager will be responsible for any tax audit matters related to tax planning structures and serve as a U.S. tax technical resource within and outside of the Tax function.
In the International Tax Planning role, you will also support the North American tax team with its U.S. accounting and compliance reporting initiatives as they relate to planning structures and their results. This role requires you to navigate the complexity of the U.S. tax rules as they relate to General Mills’ global presence.
This role will offer an outstanding opportunity to develop core capabilities around situational agility, enterprise advocacy and partnership for impact.
- Identify, plan, develop, and execute international tax planning and special projects
- Research, analyze, interpret and apply outbound US international tax laws and principles
- Prepare tax models, calculations, and research memoranda
- Coordinate and collaborate with external tax advisors on various U.S. and local tax issues
- Review, assist, and provide technical expertise with regards to international income tax compliance (Forms 1118, 5471, 8865, 8858, disclosures, and related forms and calculations.)
- Provide technical tax accounting advice on various US international tax accounting issues
- Remain current on tax regulatory and compliance developments, as well as tax law changes and determine the potential impact to the company
- Assist local country controllers and global tax teams with local tax issues, including US tax impact
- Research, analyze, and assist with cross functional projects (business transformation, IT initiatives, etc.)
- Collaborate with manager peers to drive team initiatives and tax projects
- Support Senior Manager, U.S. International Tax in all international tax and US international tax activities
- Direct the work of external vendors that assist in tax work
- Identify the information necessary from finance and business operations for tax planning
- Collaborate with transfer pricing team to understand intercompany transactions and data to be used in planning
- Collaborate with legal to support the preparation of board meetings specific to the local country substance and to maintain quarterly organizational charts
- Closely collaborate with other tax teams, functional teams, global and regional business units, and sector teams when appropriate
- Interact with external parties such as auditors, consultants, and tax compliance advisors
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 5 years of related experience
- No immigration sponsorship available for this position
- A Detailed understanding of international tax and US international tax concepts
- Strong Tax Research skills
- Intermediate international tax FAS109 knowledge
- Excellent computer skills, particularly with the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Solid project management skills; acting as a project lead on small, well-defined projects.
- Ability to establish priorities of work assignments
- Ability to risk assess in an ambiguous environment
- Ability to use own judgment and initiative in problem resolution
- Ability to operate independently in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time management skills. Ability to plan and organize non-routine tasks.
- CPA, JD, or Equivalent.
- Experience with tax research software.
- Experience in consumer foods industry.
We exist to make food the world loves. But we do more than that. Our company is a place that prioritizes being a force for good, a place to expand learning, explore new perspectives and reimagine new possibilities, every day. We look for people who want to bring their best — bold thinkers with big hearts who challenge one other and grow together. Because becoming the undisputed leader in food means surrounding ourselves with people who are hungry for what’s next.