Mountaire Farms is a vertically integrated agricultural company headquartered in Millsboro, DE. Over the last decade we have seen significant growth in our business and have established a reputable brand in over 80 countries worldwide. As part of this growth, we are searching for a new member to join our team as the Unix System Architect in Millsboro, DE. We are looking for an individual who values hard work, fresh ideas, and a commitment to excellence. At Mountaire we value trust, respect for each other, communication and sharing information. When our associates are successful, the company is successful.
The primary purpose of the Unix System Architect is responsibility for all Unix / Linux aspects of information technology operation and control, capital budget preparation, recommendations for technical acquisitions and development of guidelines, standards and procedures for the Unix / Linux environment.
The Administrator shall support all matters of network administration tasks required to install, configure, secure and maintain associated hardware, software and peripheral equipment. Troubleshoot network, systems, and applications to identify and correct malfunctions and other operational difficulties. Responsibilities include user account management and integration; system backups and restores; network and storage configuration; server virtualization using VMware; performance optimization and capacity management; system troubleshooting and diagnostics; and system performance and security monitoring.
- Lead and execute the migration from Unix to Linux
- Individual contributor toward Unix / Linux architecture.
- coordination of fault tolerance and disaster recovery
- Development of Unix / Linux infrastructure assessment & Unix / Linux roadmap
- Works with management and responds to organization IT needs
- Establish organization infrastructure to support and guide organization in computing and information technology efforts
- Identify emerging information technologies to be assimilated, integrated, and introduced within the Unix / Linux infrastructure
- Support the development, design, and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computer systems and software packages
- ordering, acquisition, inventorying, and disposition of Unix / Linux hardware and software
- Monitor and control Unix / Linux software licenses
- Serve as primary contact with outside vendors in the generation of RFPs, bids, contracts, agreements, and other major vendor interactions for Unix / Linux systems and storage
- Develop, document and implement all Unix / Linux back-up and disaster recovery procedures and plans.Create and maintain relations with vendors to understand delivery functionality and capabilities
- Develop Unix / Linux standards and guidelines and ensure compliance
- Acquisition and implementation of Unix / Linux infrastructure and changes to existing infrastructure
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical Unix / Linux systems supporting IT operations
- Maintain security and privacy of Unix / Linux operating systems and equipment
- Minimum of a B.S. degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience working with Unix / Linux
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience working with database
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Unix / Linux System Administrator