Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Truck Driver is responsible for supporting the company sales team by making deliveries to Company distribution centers and Independent Business Owner (IBO) bin locations.
Essential Job Duties
- Performs required pre and post trip inspection on equipment each day.
- Ensures possession of all paperwork, keys and other equipment needed to complete the job.
- Works in a team operation on some trips.
- Makes deliveries to company distribution centers.
- Assists with unloading the trailer and making sure product is checked while unloading.
- Ensures all paperwork is signed and dated at time of delivery.
- Delivers product to IBO bin locations and unloads product using a hand truck and ramp.
- Separates product and stacks neatly in the bin location.
- May support plant-to-plant inventory moves for both raw materials and products.
- Follows all Department of Transportation rules and regulations.
- May perform other duties as required.
Statement of Coverage
Scope of Responsibility
Complete responsibility for the Company truck and contents of the truck. No supervisory or budgetary responsibility
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Knowledgeable of the DOT regulations and policies.
Education and Experience
Minimum of 6 months of over-the-road experience and DOT background test required; must pass a Department of Transportation alcohol and medical exam and a physical fitness test.
Professional Licenses or Certifications
Must have a Class A Commercial Driver#39;s License (CDL).
This role is required to lift 50 pounds on a regular basis. Work is restricted to no more than 60 hours per week.
Much of the time is spent inside a truck with periods of time spent outside the truck to check equipment or deliver product. Subject to indoor facility and outdoor weather conditions such as dust, noise, and exposure to extremes in temperature (heat/cold).
This position travels 100% of the time, on a schedule that may include any hour of the 24 hour day.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential function
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.