TRANSPORTATION TEAM LEAD
Do you have what it takes to help Torani infuse flavor all over the world? We’re seeking a world-class Transportation Team Lead that can bring people together and solve problems in unique and fun ways.
As a key part of the transportation team, you help ensure that our products are picked up and delivered on time, to the right location, and at the right cost. You are excited to expand on your current experience with both domestic & international freight. With a growing knowledge of Transportation & Logistics, amazing communication skills, and dedication to accuracy, you help ensure our customers are happy and our team is aware of important transportation details. From Sales & Marketing, Supply Chain & Operations, and Accounting—you work cross functionally with almost every department at Torani, and you are a “go-to” person for anything related to transportation.
Your leadership helps keep our team motivated and focused on supporting the business and our changing needs. Being able to share your wealth of knowledge to help elevate our team brings you great joy! You don’t shy away from challenges and take pride in your team utilizing you as a resource to support their decision making and personal development. Your willingness to take on tasks outside of your normal scope and high work ethic prove that you truly are a person that leads by example.
Intimately engaged with and focused on Torani’s strategic goals, you organize your work to best support them. No matter what you’re faced with, you calmly and quickly triage logistics challenges. In addition to supporting the day to day business, you assist & lead with short term and long term projects.
SUCCESS FACTORS (12-18 MONTHS)
- Logistics Process Expert: All your hard work is centered on delivering our product safely, at an optimal cost, and on time to our customers. Working cross-functionally with our Distribution, Customer Service, & Sales teams, you have built efficient, cost effective, and sustainable processes across our Logistics function. BUT you don’t stop there—you’re ALWAYS on the hunt for how we improve the processes in Logistics and you carefully evaluate which process improvements you’d like to make for the short and long term. With that, you’ve delivered on MABD, cost per case, cost per lb. and other relevant metrics. Our Logistics technology systems are working in parallel with our processes, and we have accurate data at our fingertips. As challenges arise, you will have worked with internal and external partners to come up with the best solutions and put them into action.
- People Leadership: As an inspiring and budding leader, you’ve expanded your capabilities to develop a high performing team. You are creating the optimal, scalable logistics talent bank – recruiting, engaging, coaching and mentoring your team in support of their growth and increased contribution. Team members are hired and on boarded per the people plan. You’ve developed accurate job descriptions and goals for each role and a skills matrix to track progress. Thoughtful development plans for the team are in place along with cross-functional training. You inspire exemplary behavior and constant learning through coaching and feedback with a laser focus on building the contributions of the team.
- Logistics Superstar: Torani products are-a-movin’! With a massive coordination act, you will have all pertinent details in order for shipments to arrive and be delivered on time. In addition to finished goods orders, you have coordinated shipments for raw ingredients and packaging materials for both in house production and co-manufacturers. You will also work closely with our International team and forwarding partners to coordinate shipments for our International customers as well as provide Customs documentation required for the exportation process. Engaging our carriers and maintaining strong vendor partnerships are some of the keys to your success! As quote requests come up, you will have researched and provided rate quotes to Sales & Customer Service teams. RMA’s are scheduled in a timely manner, and important details are shared with Customer service.
- Maximize Efficiencies: You are working with Quality, Production, and Supply Chain teams to safeguard the movement of our product while maximizing efficiencies AND delivering top-notch service to internal & external customers. Service standards and productivity are on the rise, but never at the expense of safety or quality. You and your team exemplify our good manufacturing & distribution practices, high standards of food quality, safety, and food defense. As our operation increases in volume, you are shifting the way we work so that we are prepared for any challenge. You simply always have at least one project on your plate focused on continuous improvement—and oh how our customers love having all the Torani they want, when & where they want it!
- Experience with a large ERP system (i.e. oracle, SAP)
- Managed several projects simultaneously
- At least 2 years people leadership experience
- At least 5 years experience working with freight carriers
- Experience negotiating carrier rates
- Proficient with MS Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Fluent in written and verbal English
- HAZMAT certified preferred
- Willing to work overtime & weekends as needed
- Live in the SF Bay Area or willing to relocate at own expense
- Eligible to work in the US without sponsorship