The Transportation Team Supervisor will fulfill various supervisory roles such as scheduling, issuing discipline, recommending hiring and termination of drivers, recommend approval of vacation and time off requests. Expected competencies include dependability, being action-oriented (pro-active), able to develop the skills of the Delivery Truck Drivers, is customer-focused, and strives to increase technical skills and knowledge
Essential Job Functions:
1. Schedule and assign work.
2. Assist with Delivery Truck Driver performance review process. Identify inefficiency factors.
3. Issue discipline in conjunction with the Transportation Manager and Human Resources Department.
4. Recommend the hiring and termination of drivers in conjunction with the Transportation Manager and Human Resources Department.
5. Provide mentorship / training on proper deliveries & customer service.
6. Recommends to management ways to improve driver efficiencies and processes.
7. Responsible for accident reporting.
8. Performs other related duties as assigned by the Transportation Manager.
- Working Conditions/Job Environment:
1.Degree of physical demands (strength) usually associated with this position:
- Moderate use of office equipment and computers
2. Environmental conditions (physical surroundings and hazards) usually associated with this position:
- Secondary office and warehouse environments
- Warehouse often has moving pallet jacks and forklifts in operation
- Warehouse is 45-55 degrees in temperature
- Shared office space as needed in high traffic areas
- Will experience interruptions from department managers and other co-workers pertaining to transportation matters
- Will experience a moderate volume of incoming and outgoing calls pertaining to transportation and delivery matters
- Bachelor’s Degree (Transportation, Logistics, or a related subject preferred)
- 3-5 years of related management experience
- Prior experience working in a Produce Distribution Center
- Advanced knowledge with Department of Transportation regulations including the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Advanced Human Resource Management Systems especially the Employee Time Management Systems
4. Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to influence clients and staff at all levels and “manage up” appropriately.
- Flexibility and adaptable to change in work assignments and priorities
- Able to work the hours necessary to get the job done.