Employment Type: Regular
Have you ever enjoyed Arnold, Brownberry or Oroweat bread? A Thomas#39; English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee, Entenmann#39;s or Marinela cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world#39;s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA ("BBUSA") includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more - the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Transportation Planner is responsible for improving overall transportation effectiveness through daily planning, analysis, and issue resolution.
Key Job Responsibilites
Collect daily shipping load requirements from multiple sources and locations, plan and schedule transportation and insure the timely delivery of the company#39;s freight to a multi-regional geographic area using Oracle Transportation Management System (OTM).
- Tender loads by OTM to carriers.
- Communicate with all BBU locations to manage BBU transport movements, communicate carrier arrival times for loading dock schedules and resolve open issues related to movement of product between locations.
- Interact with bakeries, co-packers, and distribution centers to ensure the effective execution of the OTM plan.
- Quickly responds to carriers, production sites, and distribution centers and re-plans accordingly to address and resolve issues.
- Conducts the reporting activities for transportation activities including all outbound/inbound transportation, including efficiency and service level metrics.
- Creates and distributes routine reporting to assist management with operational and strategic decision-making.
- Perform compliance audits that product transports are maximized for payload and efficient equipment utilization through route optimization throughout the assigned geographic area.
- Identifies, develops, and assists in the implementation of cost saving opportunities & initiatives while maintaining high service and response levels.
- Provides technical support for all market area initiatives including routing, cost control, asset management, and negotiations for transportation services, etc.
- Coordinate continuous movements between BBU locations and backhaul opportunities within the assigned geographic area.
- Other duties as assigned, such as transportation compliance audits, KPI reporting, and project support.
- Bachelor#39;s Degree in supply chain management, transportation, logistics, business or related field preferred; relevant work experience also considered.
- Two (2) years#39; experience in a logistics environment, tendering loads, experience managing Transport routing schedules through an IT based model, best cost scenarios and carrier performance preferred
- Two (2) to four (4) years#39; experience utilizing a major TMS platform; OTM or G-Log preferred
- Exposure and knowledge of all facets of supply chain operations
- Knowledge of DOT regulations
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Well organized and able to handle multiple projects and priorities
- Excellent computer skills required
- Ability to work effectively with multifunctional teams
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal)
- Functional Proficiency
- Strong customer focus with all levels of customer and internal management
- Results Achiever
- Change Leadership
- Learning and Adopting Best Practices
- Intercultural Sensitivity
- People Oriented Leadership
Be a part of a company that is dedicated to protecting our planet:
- All of our U.S. operations have been powered with 100% renewable electrical energy since July 2019, with energy created through a Wind Farm backed by a Virtual Power Purchase Agreement with Invenergy
- Bimbo Bakeries USA was named EPA ENERGY STAR Partner of the Year in 2018 and 2019 for superior leadership, innovation and commitment to environmental protection through energy efficiency
- We have 14 ENERGY STAR Certified facilities
- Our Manufacturing operations divert greater than 95% of waste from landfill
- 360 of our company-owned vehicles utilize alternative fuel - propane, compressed natural gas, and electric
- Bimbo Bakeries USA has committed to 100% sustainable packaging across its portfolio by 2025. All product bags, pouches and wrappers are currently recyclable through Terracycle.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.