IL Oak Brook
Supply Chain Logistics
Job Posting Title:
Responsible for the procurement of transportation services to ensure company#39;s customers receive product intact, on time, and under budget. This position has responsibility for developing the best methods and procedures for transportation of product from manufacturing plants and suppliers to warehouses and/or customers.
- Responsible for creating, implementing and the execution for transportation procurement bids.
- Responsible for routing guide maintenance and carrier compliance.
- Responsible for forging new and maintaining existing relationships with transportation providers.
- Evaluates and implements continuous moves for operational continuity and freight savings.
- Continued improvement in areas such as cost, service, and vendor relations.
- Financial and operational metrics development and reporting.
- Identifies operational issues and drives them to resolution.
- Represent THS at industry groups and networks with other food shippers supporting benchmarking and continuous improvement actions.
- 3-5 years transportation / logistics experience preferred
Daily / Periodic Tasks:
- Works closely with Operations to ensure on-time delivery and route guide compliance.
- Works closely with Customer Service and Replenishment teams to ensure order lead time compliance.
- Represents Transportation at cross-functional meetings that directly or indirectly involve transportation.
- Reviews the requirement for new carriers and rate competitiveness.
- Reviews operational reports for evaluating trends and problem areas.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Highly developed communication, interpersonal, and relationship building.
- Ability to interact in a positive manner along with highly developed customer focus and vendor management skills.
- Requires strong analytical, financial, judgement, and decision-making skills. Solid negotiating skills and the ability to drive continuous improvement.
- Prior proven experience in transportation, strong motivation, and leadership skills.
- Ability to work through ambiguous situations and provide clear, concise solution.
- Bachelor#39;s degree - Business Administration, Management, Supply Chain.
TreeHouse Foods is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers, including those with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to disability-accommodations treehousefoods.com . In your email please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting and a description of the position for which you are applying.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, disability or protected veteran status.