The Training Manager will work for Mizkan America, Inc. at the Owensboro, Kentucky sauce plant (Ragu). The plant is a high speed processing and packaging facility which produces sauces for both the Rag and Bertolli pasta sauce brands. This position will report to the Plant Manager. This job description reflects assignment of essential functions. It does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
Responsible for applying CI principles to continuously improve productivity of the plant. Works with designated plant personnel to coach, support, train, and develop employees. Communicate with managers to identify training needs and mapping out development plans for teams and individuals. Creates standard work, documents procedural changes and facilitates training associates on those procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assist with mapping out annual training plans for leadership team and front-line employees in alignment with standard work practices.
2. Design and develop training programs (outsourced and/or in-house).
3. Create standard work and document procedural changes as needed.
4. Audit training program against standard work procedures to assure training effectiveness.
5. Select appropriate training methods or activities (e. g. simulations, mentoring, on-the-job training, professional development classes).
6. Market available training to employees and provide necessary information about sessions.
7. Conduct plant-wide training needs assessment and identify skills or knowledge gaps that need to be addressed.
8. Use known education principles and stay up to date on new training methods and techniques.
9. Assess instructional effectiveness and determine the impact of training on employee skills & KPIs.
10. Gather feedback from trainers and trainees after each training.
11. Maintain updated curriculum database and training records.
12. Host train-the-trainer sessions for internal subject matter experts.
13. Manage and maintain in-house training facilities and equipment.
14. Research and recommend new training methods.
15. Work safely; observe GMP rules.
16. Assist in other team jobs, as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field and five years of training experience or ten years of training experience with high school degree or,
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management or related field and three years of training experience.
- Understanding of TPM or Lean manufacturing principles and/or aptitude to quickly learn and apply same knowledge.
- Good computer skills including, but not limited to, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, & Access is preferred.
- Ability to train, coach, and impart mechanical knowledge and new procedures to hourly workforce and assure continuous improvement.
- Background in TPM or related process is a plus.
- Must work flexible hours to support teams across all shifts.
- Must have a proven record of organizational skills, and be detail oriented.
- Excellent communication skills required to present, train and motivate to achieve the implementation of CI activities.
- Presentation, coaching, training, and facilitation experience is a plus.
11. Initiative Ability to make decisions, take action when needed, and follow up and a strong sense of urgency.
12. Conflict Resolution Skills Ability to deal with people in stressful situations in a mature and controlled manner.
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with individuals and groups at all levels of the organization.
- Adequate knowledge of learning management systems and web delivery tools.
- Proven ability to complete full training cycle (assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate).
- Proven work experience as a Training Coordinator, Trainer, Training Facilitator or similar role.
- Hands-on experience coordinating multiple training events in a corporate setting.
- Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changing business needs and deadlines.
- Ability to exhibit a professional business-like appearance and demeanor.