Our role of Training & Development Manager will be responsible for the effective development, coordination and presentation of training programs for plant personnel. Training programs include, but not limited to, safety, human resources, manufacturing methods, quality control and supervisory development.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Works as part of the training team to create and deliver training solutions that translate complex business, process or technological concepts into easy-to-understand course materials and job aids.
- Ability to work independently in order to pro-actively solicit information from appropriate subject matter experts.
- Create and Maintain Training Documentation including Standard Operator Procedures, Job Instructional Breakdowns, Training Matrixes, training documents and other operation documentation as required.
- Works with process technicians and production personnel to fully understand and solve problems, provides technical expertise and recommends improvements.
- Identifies development needs to drive training initiatives.
- Designs and implements effective methods to train employees in order to educate and enhance performance and productivity.
- Develops effective training materials utilizing a variety of media and learning methods.
- Facilities and presents training programs, as well as scheduling training sessions ensuring facility set-up, audiovisual set-up and employee notification.
- Evaluates training and development programs and measures results. Modifies training programs when necessary to adapt to business and work environment changes.
- Serves as the plant expert and strategy lead for performance capability initiatives such as competency modelling, development planning, coaching and feedback as adjunct to training.
- Lead efforts with supervisors, leads, others to ensure that follow-on audits of correct procedural alignment occurs at scheduled intervals post-certification.
- Oversee the maintenance of SOPs, MOPs, POGs, JIBDs, other documentation as well as audit schedules for post-training procedural compliance.
- Lead efforts in evaluating changes to methods, procedures that emanate from CI or problem solving, ensures appropriate changes to SOPs, MOPs, JOBDs, and required follow-on training of employees.
- Works to standardize with leaders how the plant trains and develops employees in process procedures.
Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications:
- Bi-lingual English and Spanish (read and write) preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree highly preferred or related experience in lieu thereof.
- 2 or more years of relevant experience, in a manufacturing environment. Food processing industry experience is desired
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, English and Spanish required
- Proven administrator experience with Learning Management Systems (LMS); preferably Alchemy
- Strong multi-tasking and presentation skills to various levels of management
- High energy with the ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Working knowledge of Training Within Industry (TWI) highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of adult instructional and learning theory and principles.
- Knowledge of Lean methodologies and process improvement is a plus.
- High level of interpersonal skills, creative ability and visual graphics design ability.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and PowerPoint.
- Strong coaching and leadership skills