Summary: The traffic clerk is responsible for scheduling pickup and delivery appointment times for all transportation flows across the US network. This includes excellent interpersonal communication between departmental colleagues, customers, and transportation service providers. Telephone, e-mail, and internet-based software tools are utilized to coordinate appointments, appointment changes, and status updates. In addition, internal and external reporting using MS Word and MS Excel related to transportation planning and transportation execution performance is conducted on a periodic basis. This position requires regular communication and collaboration with departmental colleagues to achieve departmental objectives. Requirements
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned
- Responsible for answering phone calls & emails and providing customer assistance related to scheduling and status.
- Schedule/Reschedule appointment times for pickups and deliveries across the US distribution network, suppliers, and customers
- Use of multiple software scheduling tools across the Lactalis’ distribution network (One Network) and customers / suppliers.
- Process scheduling changes due to order changes that result from ‘past cut-off’ requests.
- Actively maintain current scheduling tools (3GTMS, One Network & Excel), with specific emphasis of timely data maintenance of these tools.
• A minimum of a High School Diploma and preferably some post-secondary education
• At least 2 years experience within Logistics / Distribution / Transportation.
• Experience with manual tools / email is acceptable, use of systemic tools is preferred.
• Knowledge of customer appointment processes with high volume customer interaction and carrier dispatch is beneficial.
• Knowledge of the United States geography, awareness of transportation and/or warehouse operations is of benefit
• Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word & Excel
• Excellent verbal communication skills and experience with customer interactions via phone/email is required