The Blount family has been in the food business since 1880. Our product Line includes refrigerated and frozen gourmet soups, side dishes and entrees for food service and retail. The Company, headquartered in Fall River, MA, is the largest producer of clam chowder in New England and the largest manufacturer of Lobster bisque in the country.
Summary: The Trade Marketing Program Specialist is responsible for creating contracts, trade programs, maintenance and administration of the trade programs. This includes information for promotional allowances, chargebacks, bill-backs, rebates, scan data, deviated pricing, food-show payments and allowances by brand to the UPC level. Obtaining and entering the data to the UPC detail level will provide Blount the capability of validating trade expenses for profitability by customer by product.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Utilization of the trade system will require the contract info to be entered predicated on each type of contract whether its direct or non-direct customer.
- Work daily with our Blount Sales Team, brokers and our accounting department on issues related to missed payments, amendments to contracts, customer deductions and miscellaneous questions regarding trade spend.
- Obtain and enter the data by UPC level into the system.
- Ad-hoc reporting for the field sales team and brokers on all spending and payment requests.
- Daily downloading of information, PDF’s, invoices, deduction back-up, check requests, requests for new contracts or updates from the sales programs & billbacks mailboxes.
- Process payment requests, contract renewals, update ONSA forms.
- Code and clear deductions to appropriate GL to match back-up and contract.
- Request back-up for a check request or deduction for any authorized payment according to the terms on the contract.
- Utilize specific customer web-based portals to obtain back-up documentation by downloading when researching deductions based on a PO##, Invoice ##, Invoice date to obtain back-up.
- Code invoices and deductions that are key to specified GL’s related to the type of program offered.
- Verify all contracts are dated and signed. Reach out to customers and or sales reps to obtain signed copies.
- Process claims-If a contract or check request is in-valid – a claim would need to be processed back to the customer for re-payment.
- Re-payment of claims- Unauthorized deductions require filing a claim with customers to request re-payment.
- Create and capture program details in current trade system.
- Create and update Trade reports by customer and or specific program. These can be sent to the field upon request.
- File and keep current the Vendor Non-Disclosure Agreements within each customer.
- Ability to handle multiple financial and analytical projects simultaneously.
Education and/or Experience:
- 3+ years of Sales & Trade Marketing with a manufacturing firm required.
- 3+ years of Accounts Receivable/Accounts Payable experience required.
- Work experience in a manufacturing or distribution business environment preferred.
- Associates degree.
- Intermediate Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint & Word) experience necessary.
- Must have excellent attention to details skills and be a pro-active team player.
We offer: Medical, dental and vision benefits; 401k with Company match and Profit-Sharing Plan; Paid time off including vacation, sick time and holidays; Education Assistance Program; Life Insurance and Short-Term Disability; Discounts on Blount products at Company retail locations.
Associates or better.
3 year: Accounts Payable/Receivable
3 year: Sales and Trade Manufacturing