Mexilink is a leading national importer and master distributor of top selling Mexican brands focusing on growing sales for the burgeoning U.S. Hispanic and crossover markets. With family ties to Mexico’s largest independent grocery distributor and well-documented brand growth since inception in 2000, Mexilink’s seasoned personnel and established U.S. industry relationships are second to none. From export/import preparation and warehousing to product line consolidation and national distribution, Mexilink is a preferred source for supplying authentic Hispanic commodities and exclusive nostalgic brands.
Trade Marketing Manager - Bilingual
Is responsible for Trade Marketing planning and execution across channels for multiple brands in line with Mexilink strategy. This person leads the efforts between marketing, product management, sales, finance, and operations teams to ensure achievement of project deadlines, sales budget, and profitability.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams for the ideation, planning & budgeting, and implementation of all trade efforts.
- Creates the annual Trade Marketing Plan for assigned brands and ensures it is communicated and accomplished in accordance with budget and timeline.
- Support the sales team in developing and managing their plans for each brand.
- Collaborates with sales teams to turn the “selling stories” into sales tools to effectively present the brands, products, and marketing initiatives to their customers.
- Coordinate brand plans such as in-store activities, point of sales materials and training materials.
- Ensures team is within trade budget and adhering to brand objectives and strategies.
- Develops presentations of new item launch and training materials.
- Develops Business Reviews presentations with Commercial partners reporting the achievements of the yearly planning on agreed KPIs.
- Supports as needed monthly report of open funds to maximize trade spend for reinvestment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES (K,S,A)
- Verbal, reading and analyzing proficiency: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business data, professional journals, technical procedures related with the nature of this position, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and commercial partners in a professional and convincing way. Bilingual capabilities speaking, writing, and reading in both, English and Spanish.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to consistently improve and promote quality and excellence on our daily tasks.
- Delivering On-time - Meets productivity standards, completes work in a timely manner, and strives to increase efficiency
- Multitasking: ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and maneuver efficiently through different responsibilities or tasks with accuracy.
- Project Management - Completes projects on time and within budget. Plans, communicates, and implements projects of different nature and complexity.
- Math Ability: Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, the individual should have knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Bachelor#39;s degree in marketing or comparable is needed.
- Minimum 3 year of trade marketing management and/or brand management experience in CPG Industry is needed.
- Former experience in sales is recommended or in a position that closely worked with sales teams in their planning and daily activities.
- Project management and cross functional expertise is needed.
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Spanish.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
We work hard to maintain the best possible environment for our employees where people can learn and grow with the company. We strive to provide a collaborative, creative environment where each person feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, plans and culture.
Work is performed largely in an office environment. Hours of work will generally be from 9am to 6pm Monday – Friday. At times there will be some variation in work hours due to special projects, deadlines, and other concerns. Position requires up to 10% travel.
- Excellent career path
- Healthcare plan
- Long and Short Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Life Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.