Do you have a CDL, Tanker endorsement, 2 years driving experience? Are you available to drive locally due to reduced hours, temporarily out of work, waiting for your current job to resume? Then we want to invite you to work as a temporary driver for DFA. We need you now!
We are looking for temporary drivers. With the current crisis facing our nation and world, our industry has been designated as part of the "Critical Infrastructure" by Homeland Security. This means our day-to-day responsibilities are now of the utmost importance and critical in getting through this pandemic.
General Purpose: Utilizing DFA tractor and trailer, transports raw milk from farm to processing plant or trucking terminal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates a commercial motor vehicle in compliance with DOT and DFA rules, regulations and policies adhering to all safety practices
- Following dispatch schedule and directions from dispatch and location supervisory personnel, travels to location to transport raw milk
- Transfers raw milk from farm containers to trailer
- Takes quality and control samples at farm
- Measures milk loaded into trailer
- Follows designated routes and schedules unless otherwise directed by supervisory personnel
- Takes measures to minimize truck idle times and conserve fuel consumption
- Maintains positive communications with producers, listens for issues or potential problems, reports producers#39; comments to transportation and member services management
- Represents DFA positively and professionally at all times during interactions with producers, customers, or regulatory personnel Licensing and Certification:
- Class A CDL with tanker endorsement.